• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you consider a "quality" post?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Why do you have a Halo spartan as your profile? What about the clones!?!?!
They're still in the signature :p

But I suppose we should probably get back on topic now ;)

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
They're still in the signature :p

But I suppose we should probably get back on topic now ;)
Yeah, probably. I like good posts that are the highest quality. Like cinnamon pretzels.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Writing is clear and concise, as my English 10 teacher said. The ability to convey and espouse ideas and opinions efficiently allows individuals to present themselves as adept speakers, writers, and overall communicators.

The idea that longer = better on the forums is one that I disagree with. As many of you have heard before, take quality over quantity. Moreover, even in moderator applications, I see this change. My original moderator application consisted of a couple sentences, if even, per question. More than just a mod, I knowingly influenced the community to a great extent, proving that I don't need to have a wall of text for an application to prove my moderating capabilities. The same greatly applies to forum posts. There's little need for the useless, drawn-out information that "forumers" include in their posts, serving as simple garbage to increase the length of said post. I won't mention or use any examples in particular.

That's not to say, however, that all long posts are bad. Admittedly, several topics of discussion require much longer and detailed posts to accurately and effectively convey the desired information within the community.

Please, enough of the garbage text to fill up one's posts, having them appear larger to draw attention. ;)

Majestical

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel like a good post is an informative post, posts that give people help, insight or maybe just little advice. These amazing posts help people out sometimes make there day.

So things a "quality" post may include is...

1- I'll point out the obvious first, proper grammar/punctuation (that of which I am not fantastic at), spacing/paragraphs indicating how long the thread is and just making it a more enjoyable post to read, full stops and commas (I know that goes under grammar but just to make it stand out a little) full stops to allow the readers mind to stop, take it in, have a breath (I don't even know, very spiritual, :p). Commas can help people just quickly understand what the writer has said but continue reading.

2- Helpfulness, I feel like a short informative post is a lot better than a longgg post with someone repeating everything over and over, xD. Even though I tend to write longer posts.

3- Being kind, not putting someone down, not singling another out. For example if someone posts a thread about them feeling not so great, not making them feel worse, comforting them making them feel valid, liked.

4- Humour, but in a nice way not in a way that puts someone down or makes them feel bad, in my opinion a humorous post can make my day. Even make me feel happy and content for the next few hours or so.

So I hope you have enjoyed my rant, probably got a lot of incorrect grammar and the such buuutttt enjoy, :).

Attorah

Platinum
Reaction score
I consider a good thread to have the following qualities;
- Presented in a coherent and ordered manner (ie. the use of spacing and paragraphs)
- Good grammar and well thought out (I hate seeing threads with incorrect capitalisation and obvious spelling mistakes :p)
- Hold some importance for the MCG community or be a captivating read- anything that really captures my attention and makes me want to respond (you did well here, Moo)
- Last but not least, some much needed witty banter.

E

Ephiza

Writing is clear and concise, as my English 10 teacher said. The ability to convey and espouse ideas and opinions efficiently allows individuals to present themselves as adept speakers, writers, and overall communicators.

The idea that longer = better on the forums is one that I disagree with. As many of you have heard before, take quality over quantity. Moreover, even in moderator applications, I see this change. My original moderator application consisted of a couple sentences, if even, per question. More than just a mod, I knowingly influenced the community to a great extent, proving that I don't need to have a wall of text for an application to prove my moderating capabilities. The same greatly applies to forum posts. There's little need for the useless, drawn-out information that "forumers" include in their posts, serving as simple garbage to increase the length of said post. I won't mention or use any examples in particular.

That's not to say, however, that all long posts are bad. Admittedly, several topics of discussion require much longer and detailed posts to accurately and effectively convey the desired information within the community.

Please, enough of the garbage text to fill up one's posts, having them appear larger to draw attention. ;)
Which is why most people include a TL;DR sentence at the end ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci