• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you consider a "quality" post?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
As the title says, what do you look for in a post that makes you stop and go, "Hmm, that was a good post,"?
Humor, detail, content, length, grammar? Those are all some examples of traits that you can find in many posts, but what do you look for?
Hopefully this'll help some people to change their posts. c:

(I feel like this is one of the shortest threads I've ever written.)

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I really like thought out posts, not that they have to be long or anything once they have a point. Also humorous post I do enjoy. Long posts can be nice to read once they are well written and not just pages of ****. Also grammar is a huge one for me, while yes I know some people may have difficulties but if a post is just complete rubbish I wont take my time to read it. Lastly I love a good title to a post, one that captures the eye, yet is not misleading.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
If it's long, paragraph it and use grammar. My rule of thumb is that if you're not a good writer, don't write essay posts. But in the end, just make me care. Make it funny, smart, thoughtful, provocative, whatever, just make me care.

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Anything that was thought through before it was posted, or something that is funny. I couldn't really care less about grammar

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
A quality post can come in all different shapes and sizes, what it really boils down to is what the post is relating to. It could be a quick, witty, humorous response on a fun of light-hearted thread. It can be a well thought out block of text explaining in detail something related to the topic or stating an opinion.

Not all quality posts have to be long, they can still be short and thoughtful. It all depends however the thing that all good posts needs are good grammar (if the thread is serous), good aesthetics (to make it appealing to look at while reading by using proper spacings, etc), and it must relate to the topic.

Just a couple good examples of quality posters in my opinion would be Mooclan and duckluv321 who constantly seem to plan out what they're saying and execute everything in a professional manner c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci