• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What difference does having a good mouse make anyway?

What kind of mouse do you have?

• Trackpad

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • The one that came with my computer

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Razer/Steelseries/any high-end mouse

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Cheap mouse

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
It's easier to click, and you can do it more rabidly. Plus mices with better DPI are more sensitive to your movements, meaning quicker results. (Not always noticeable, but life saving.)

Don't get a high-end mouse for those reasons... get it for the macros :p

Reactions: DK

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
The title says it all. I've been wondering...does having a good mouse really improve your PvP skills noticeably? I currently own this mouse. I got it because it was literally less than $10 at the time I bought it and it looked cool. However, now I'm wondering. If I had a better mouse, would that improve my skill? What specifically would having a good mouse make better?
I have that exact same mouse :p

Iametal

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have 2 mices both are good one is it comes with my computor which can be used on any surface including wood and a razer deathadder. the death adder to me is extremely smooth and good but only with a mouse pad like QcK

bbLLERMC

District 13
Reaction score
Omg I have improved so much with my new mouse

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Well having a good mouse can bring a lot of pros:
1. The mouse won't eat all your food
2. The mouse won't run around your house and make it annoying
3. It won't poop every where
4. It won't try to eat your gold fish

But there are some cons
Since it's basically tamed it won't have the instinct to run from cats so it may die easily.

But overall having a good mouse can bring a lot of good things to you.

Kronicals

Tribute
Reaction score
Eh, I see many say it's the Macros that makes a difference, even though those are quite good I think you're able to pull out the same 'stunts' with a regular mouse. Just configure the hotkeys and you should be good to go. I'm able to pull out some decent FnS placements with a regular mouse and the help of the hotkeys. As for the faster clicking and all I believe Minecraft has a limit on the clicking to make it fair. I recall reading something about that in these forums, don't quote me on this :p

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
I use a Razer Naga, and I have to admit, I think it has made a big difference in my PVP abilities!

Reactions: DK

UltimateAFS

Diamond
Reaction score
I wouldn't know. I've done just fine with my wireless Logitech mouse, but if what people saying here is true, I want a better one lol

TheJordiAB

Spectator
Reaction score
I use the razer deathadder 2013 because it has side buttons that program with F5 and also is very comfortable.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
It's easier to click, and you can do it more rabidly. Plus mices with better DPI are more sensitive to your movements, meaning quicker results. (Not always noticeable, but life saving.)

Don't get a high-end mouse for those reasons... get it for the macros :p
Uh, hello. Higher DPI doesn't make you have more sensitively to your movements, it's a marketing scheme.

Dots per Inch, having 1 DPI doesn't make a sensitively difference from 5k DPI, it just makes the cursor on the screen move more, sensors would be what matters, and that really isn't noticeable if you have anything but a ball mouse.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I use a cheap mouse, I use numbers on a keyboard to switch between rod,bow,fns and sword and it's pretty easy, don't need macros on a mouse for it, that sounds more complicated to me. Regarding the clicking, all you need is a mouse which registers every click and make sure it's comfortable to use.

Having a "high-end" mouse is way over-rated in my opinion.

And before people say I can't afford one or something stupid, just lol in advance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci