• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

VIP requirements

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You didn't make it, you helped make it. As did I. From memory you weren't a leading part of the project, Capt and Ginger were.
I wasn't claiming to make it by myself. I just meant that I was a part of it.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, there's a lot of wrong information in this thread.

There are three primary ways people get VIP: Youtubing, Map making, and Graphics Design work. However, we take VIP by a case-by-case basis, so other people who have done important work that does not fall under those three topics can get VIP rank.

Regarding YouTubers, we have a range of Youtube VIPs with subscriber numbers between 8,000 and 15,000+. For new applicants, we suggest a subscriber count of at least 10,000; we may require higher or lower depending on the circumstances. But remember that subscriber count is not the only thing we check for. We check the user's history on our system, their previous behavior, how often they publish MCSG-related videos, and how often they actually publish videos on our servers. We deny a lot of people simply because they have the subscribers, but not enough of everything else.
If someone is interested in becoming a VIP for Youtubing, contact [email protected]. We'll do the screening process, and we'll pass that on if it's good enough (subject to change).

Regarding map making, VIP is given to builders of a map that is accepted onto our system. The rank is given to the head builder and four other people of the head builder's choice. As such, it is up to the head builder's discretion who is most deserving of the rank. However, we also take those by a case-by-case basis, and we will outright deny giving certain individuals VIP if we have reason enough not to trust them with the rank.
If someone is interested in becoming a VIP for map making, there's a good chance Dave and the rest of the map council would have already contacted them, seeing as their map would be accepted onto our servers.

Regarding Graphics Design work, if you've shown an aptitude with graphics design work and have been contacted by us to do a certain project, you will be rewarded with VIP. Our logo, forum style, and other aspects have been made by graphics designers who have gained VIP.
We do not accept applicants for Graphics Design work. Instead, we check your work to see if you are deemed capable enough, and then we ask if you'd like to conduct a project for us.

Regarding the miscellaneous work, there's a number of other tasks that people have done that we've appreciated them doing. The key with this, and indeed all VIPs, is that we deal with it on a case-by-case basis, so not one set of rules or guidelines will apply to everyone. I suggest everyone does their best work, and the staff will see who has done the most important work, and thus is most deserving of the rank.

And in regards to previous staff members becoming VIP, all of them get VIP from things they've done prior to becoming mods (mostly map work, I've noticed) OR afterwards. No one gets VIP for simply being a part of the staff (that's the Friend rank).

At this point, I might as well make my own VIP guide...

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, there's a lot of wrong information in this thread.

There are three primary ways people get VIP: Youtubing, Map making, and Graphics Design work. However, we take VIP by a case-by-case basis, so other people who have done important work that does not fall under those three topics can get VIP rank.

Regarding YouTubers, we have a range of Youtube VIPs with subscriber numbers between 8,000 and 15,000+. For new applicants, we suggest a subscriber count of at least 10,000; we may require higher or lower depending on the circumstances. But remember that subscriber count is not the only thing we check for. We check the user's history on our system, their previous behavior, how often they publish MCSG-related videos, and how often they actually publish videos on our servers. We deny a lot of people simply because they have the subscribers, but not enough of everything else.
If someone is interested in becoming a VIP for Youtubing, contact [email protected]. We'll do the screening process, and we'll pass that on if it's good enough (subject to change).

Regarding map making, VIP is given to builders of a map that is accepted onto our system. The rank is given to the head builder and four other people of the head builder's choice. As such, it is up to the head builder's discretion who is most deserving of the rank. However, we also take those by a case-by-case basis, and we will outright deny giving certain individuals VIP if we have reason enough not to trust them with the rank.
If someone is interested in becoming a VIP for map making, there's a good chance Dave and the rest of the map council would have already contacted them, seeing as their map would be accepted onto our servers.

Regarding Graphics Design work, if you've shown an aptitude with graphics design work and have been contacted by us to do a certain project, you will be rewarded with VIP. Our logo, forum style, and other aspects have been made by graphics designers who have gained VIP.
We do not accept applicants for Graphics Design work. Instead, we check your work to see if you are deemed capable enough, and then we ask if you'd like to conduct a project for us.

Regarding the miscellaneous work, there's a number of other tasks that people have done that we've appreciated them doing. The key with this, and indeed all VIPs, is that we deal with it on a case-by-case basis, so not one set of rules or guidelines will apply to everyone. I suggest everyone does their best work, and the staff will see who has done the most important work, and thus is most deserving of the rank.

And in regards to previous staff members becoming VIP, all of them get VIP from things they've done prior to becoming mods (mostly map work, I've noticed) OR afterwards. No one gets VIP for simply being a part of the staff (that's the Friend rank).

At this point, I might as well make my own VIP guide...
Col has spoken, therefore it's fact :p

Reactions: Yin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci