• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Urbem de Fumus

Should this map be added to the MCSG servers?

• Yes, looks cool!

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • No, could use improvement.

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
Urbem de Fumus
By Jaeherys_II, with help from D_Lee9 and TheBaconatorTV
A 24 Player Survival games map

This map is called Urbem de Fumus, which translates from Latin into City of Smoke, which is exactly what it is! I made this map in an attempt to make a city, something that takes an amount of planning that I haven't shown in previous builds of mine, so basically I wanted to challenge myself. The map is largely flat to improve the gameplay, something I noticed making maps like Valleyside University so exemplary in terms of how they play. It's made in an Industrial theme, so I think its pretty unique, even though its inspired by the Mindcracker Arkas. It has a 200 block radius, and 130 tier ones and 50 tier 2s. A little below average chests and quite a few tier twos, but if needed I can easily change that :)

I made some of these screenshots with Chunky, but rendering took forever so most are default.

Full Album: http://imgur.com/a/KpRNh
Radius of Map: 200
Cornucopia Coordinates: -177 36 -150

I, Jaeherys_II of {not applicable} agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

If my map is accepted, I will send a download to the staff via DM. Also, here is a trailer made by my compadre, Bacon:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Would vote yes as it looks decent from the pictures, but I really need to see a download link. I won't vote yet, but if you post a link and I like it it will be yes from me.

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
Would vote yes as it looks decent from the pictures, but I really need to see a download link. I won't vote yet, but if you post a link and I like it it will be yes from me.
Sorry man! I'm afraid I can't give you a download link, for a variety of reasons, the first being I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give a download to anyone, and the second being that I have had bad experiences in the past with people stealing my map. Not saying I don't trust you, but I've just had bad experiences :) That said, I can always give you a tour of it sometime on the server I built it on. (Personal server, btw)

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
Really? No more comments? Come on guys, anyone want to leave some feedback?

GalaxyPlaysMC

Survivor
Reaction score
The Buildings look really nice, Im a bit worried about the terraform tho, and the way you put the city/castle on top of that base, this map could be better as a kitpvp map in my opinion :)

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
The Buildings look really nice, Im a bit worried about the terraform tho, and the way you put the city/castle on top of that base, this map could be better as a kitpvp map in my opinion :)
What happens to be wrong with the terraforming? Also, thanks for the feedback on the base of the city. I made it higher up to sort of mimic what a city is normally like in an area right next to water, in case of flooding. That said, there are ladders on about 1 in three of the base plates, so it works a lot how SG7 works, with its islands.

SonicSimon

Tribute
Reaction score
This is amazing! I have no idea why someone would even think to vote no!

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks cool! It's really different from the other maps, which in my opinion is needed badly! :3 the terraforming slightly reminds me of Hive maps, which is a good thing of course! I think MCSG maps need a change in style, this map could be the change!

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
Looks cool! It's really different from the other maps, which in my opinion is needed badly! :3 the terraforming slightly reminds me of Hive maps, which is a good thing of course! I think MCSG maps need a change in style, this map could be the change!
Thanks man! I tried to make it quite different, and I was super inspired by Hive maps, especially Forlorn. I went for a very unique style, since my last map, a jungle map, just wasn't different enough to get accepted. So I have high hopes for this one!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci