• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Untitled 1000 Player Map

Should we get a 1000 player event!

• Ya, but let's use a map already on MCSG. EU!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoltSwang

Spectator
Reaction score
600 radius is the recommended minimal for 48 players. For an absolute minimum size for 1000 players would be over 12200 RADIUS.

I myself am making a map aiming for about 500-600 radius but it's for 24-48 player sizes.

Zarmax5

Career
Reaction score
600 radius is the recommended minimal for 48 players. For an absolute minimum size for 1000 players would be over 12200 RADIUS.

I myself am making a map aiming for about 500-600 radius but it's for 24-48 player sizes.
I'm almost postive you're thinking of diameter... Minimum for 48 player is 300 radius. I don't think I've seen a map bigger than 500 block radius...

Cimmy

Diamond
Reaction score
This would be the biggest trek of all time... and plus, chests are 1 for 3, (thats 24 to 8, the requirements) so the spawn chests would be 333.3 recurring. Also, the amount of deaths at the start would probably crash the entire freaking mcgamer network, and you could also get full iron diamond sword along with about 200 others that have the same, which basically means get a sword or die in the first 3 seconds. Just the sheer thought of the sound of that amount of chests opening would be enough for me to jump out my house's top storey window and hopefully fall into a hidden pit to hell. Same with the lightning. I guess its good for people going for a "Most chests opened", but if someone were to do a challenge on this...

This map better be extremely asthetically pleasing and not just some random default world thats terraformed *cough* Sg 3 *cough*

Last of all, if your not building this with a team, this'll probably take you about 6.523 years.

Last edited:

JoltSwang

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm almost postive you're thinking of diameter... Minimum for 48 player is 300 radius. I don't think I've seen a map bigger than 500 block radius...
it'll still need to be a big map.

JumpingBacon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Is it just me thinking that LeafyGreenTea should be in this game?, 999 kills would be some achievement.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The idea sounds incredible! Heck, even I would play in it. However, with the amount of radius, including the amount of players participating in that one game, I think it could cause quite a bit of lag, also, it may be difficult to get 1000 players within one game, even throughout the whole network it would still be difficult. Also, we will never know who might actually use hacked clients and cheat, it could be a pretty big risk. But hopefully there could be some ideas that could help further the development of this suggestion. :)

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
ummm ummm, I would love to see this on SG2 o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member