• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Untitled 1000 Player Map

Should we get a 1000 player event!

• Ya, but let's use a map already on MCSG. EU!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarmax5

Career
Reaction score
Alright, so I didn't want to put this thread in map ideas, because I would eventually just make this a thread, or the finished maps a thread. Before I start making a map like this, and I'll talk about it below, I want to hear the communities opinions.

I plan on creating a map with a radius of 600 blocks. Just to get that in perspective, Valleyside University has a radius of 250. The map would have 1000 podiums for spawn, and probably around 300 spawn t2's. I would hope that this map would be used for events, such as the long gone eu9001. I remember, near the beginning of my mcsg "career," I played during this game. I didn't actually like how it was played on solar frost, and I wanted a bigger map for an event like this. Also, I am not expecting this to be more than a one or two time event, since we see how us120 turned out, but I hope it could be a fun event. As for chests, there will be the equivalent of the amount of t2's and t1's on maps like Survival Games 4.

I'm thinking of something like a large desert for the map. As soon as I start making the map, I'll post some screenshots. Let's get another eu9001!

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally do not think this is a good idea. My reasons?
1. PvP would be scarce
2. How would you manage to get 1000 player into ONE match? Too much coordination imho.
3. You would need hundreds of chests, nevermind the amount on SG4.
4. It's just not fun. No one wants to play a game with one thousand people, that would probably last upwards of 1-2 hours.
5. Campers. On a map this scale, I could tuck myself in a corner and wait until deathmatch. A 1200 block area would be MASSIVE and the chances of finding a hidden player are slim to none.
Don't let my opinion stop you from working, but this is what I think.

Zarmax5

Career
Reaction score
I personally do not think this is a good idea. My reasons?
1. PvP would be scarce
2. How would you manage to get 1000 player into ONE match? Too much coordination imho.
3. You would need hundreds of chests, nevermind the amount on SG4.
4. It's just not fun. No one wants to play a game with one thousand people, that would probably last upwards of 1-2 hours.
5. Campers. On a map this scale, I could tuck myself in a corner and wait until deathmatch. A 1200 block area would be MASSIVE and the chances of finding a hidden player are slim to none.
Don't let my opinion stop you from working, but this is what I think.
To answer your concerns through a list:
1. PvP would be the opposite of scarce.
2. Very easily actually, have an admin broadcast join whatever server, and it'll happen. Its happened before.
3. When I say the amount of chests would be like sg4, I mean the ratio would be the same as sg4. Let's just say there we be what like 800 t1's and like 150 t2's. I have a way of getting all those chests in their places ;)
4. I think that some would be willing to play a giant game like this to test their PvP against tons of other good players.
5. Well, that's what deathmatch is for. A giant deathmatch :D!
Thanks for posting this though, I bet you asked the questions and posted the concerns a lot of players would agree with, and it lets me show how I'll carry through with this plan. This could, however, be a flunk because the admins don't want it. If there is enough support though, the staff with support it.

Veeprio

Experienced
Reaction score
Hackers, all I'm gonna say. c:

But seriously, this could be good as an event for maybe an anniversary, but other than that, it'll just be hectic and a lot of people would probably end up leaving the game anyway. Then, you'll have to think about the teams. There's probably going to be a team of over 100, and people who would want to 'test' their PvP skills would have no place in that (Although it'd be hilarious seeing someone run right through and having the team kill each other. xD).

If this ever happened, I wouldn't take part in it simply because it's not fun. There will be people everywhere and you won't have space to breathe after killing someone, since someone else would come in for the cleanup. Again, not a bad idea, but it's something dangerous to pull off. Plus, the size of the map and the amount of people in one lobby would probably be too much for the server to handle, or maybe someone's computer as Minecraft would have to load all of the chunks.

You could do two 500 player servers however, but that would then require way too much time as so would this and time isn't something that the Staff team really have.

XxChaos1107xX

Experienced
Reaction score
Imagine the lag of 1000 players. You would have chat updates every single second and lightning spam.

Secondly, I would love to help you if you end up continuing this project. It sounds fun to make and I am curious about where 1000 starter plates would go. Also corn would have to be like hell games corns for all the players to have a chance at getting anything.

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
Imagine the lag of 1000 players. You would have chat updates every single second and lightning spam.

Secondly, I would love to help you if you end up continuing this project. It sounds fun to make and I am curious about where 1000 starter plates would go. Also corn would have to be like hell games corns for all the players to have a chance at getting anything.
you bash on the idea of having 1000 players then you ask to help. ._.

XxChaos1107xX

Experienced
Reaction score
you bash on the idea of having 1000 players then you ask to help. ._.
I didn't bash on the idea. I didn't say if I liked the idea or not in my post, and all I said was imagine the lag, not necessarily bashing on the idea.

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
I didn't bash on the idea. I didn't say if I liked the idea or not in my post, and all I said was imagine the lag, not necessarily bashing on the idea.
You did bash, bash means basically pointing out everything wrong with the idea, and in a nutshell, saying that it won't work ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci