• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

United States Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
It's pretty awesome. I live in Canada so well, it's been legal for quite a while here. :)

Just another step towards total equality. #LoveWins

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
One massive step for America, another reason why so many people love the country, it offers opportunity and a better value of life!
I am not too sure what you are trying to get at, the USA is still a very unequal country - I wouldn't be running around singing it's praises when there is still a distinct lack of racial inequality. Also, not everyone loves the USA more than other countries, for obvious reasons...
Nonetheless this still is a massive step, despite the USA being far behind most rich countries in legalising gay marriage.

UnderSeaGirl

Diamond
Reaction score
I was so surprised when I read about it earlier. I think it is nothing but a huge step towards the future, acceptance and equality.
I would have never expected that from a country like the USA haha, I'm impressed xD (and ashamed cause it's still not legal in Germany.. ._.)

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score

If any two people love each other they should be allowed to legalize and confirm that love. It doesn't matter who you are. Everyone deserves the right to love and to have the ceremony to show it. Just because you don't follow what the Bible says, which is a man and a women committing to each other, it doesn't matter. The world's been changing a lot since that Bible was written. Other views have changed so why can't gay marriage?

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah I was NOT expecting it. When I saw the "Special Report" in bold on the news I was surprised. I am NOT against same-sex marriage although both my parents...well...think it's "not right"

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
It took us generations of legal battles to admit that prohibiting a group of people from doing something that other groups have been doing for ages is illegal. Whether it's education for women, voting for non-whites, or marriage for gays, it's sad how much we value civil liberties yet how hesitantly we give them.

But if history tells us anything, it's that people will stand for liberty in the end. It just takes a generation to realize that bigotry is wrong.

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
Happy for the US, Ireland did it recently too :D

dq

District 13
Reaction score
Meh.... I'm not gay

Not really a big deal for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online