• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

United States Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
People should be allowed to be what they want to be. It is a positive move. Next Job for the US, is to centralize its politics ;p

am0r_

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't really give two craps about this.. lawl

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Intellectual.

I think it's huge step as the US really broadcasts themselves as social leaders around the world but has been really behind on this issue.

I believe that you should be able to be able to have the legal benefits of marriage no matter who you love and I think it's a great and awesome step!

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Extremely recently, the United States Supreme Court ruled that states were no longer able to ban same-sex marriage. For many, this was counted as a supreme victory, and it's undeniable that the United States just moved one massive step closer to total equality. There are celebrations all over the country right now, but it seems as if not everyone is riding a unicorn spewing rainbows out of their butts. There are many Christian movements stating that their ruling is unconstitutional and that this is against the teachings and ways of God, etc. As a Christian myself, I find it funny how those people are missing the point. It is clearly stated in the Bible that God accepts everybody, no matter race, nationality, sex, sexual oriantation, etc. and these people hellbent on representing a movement they created based on personal opinion, not factual representation.

So here it is. America is legally equal in almost every way possible!

What happens next?

Well, let's just hope that history doesn't repeat itself as in the Civil Rights Movement where states opposed to Gay Marriage find ridiculous ways to prevent same-sex couples from marrying (similar to how Jim Crow Laws prevented colored people from voting in the '60s). I'm feeling positive about this, because if anything, this nation seems to have learned, at least a little bit, from its mistakes.

Where do you stand?

Without being outright disrespectful, comment how you believe this law will play out, and your positions on it. To all moderators, we do not delete opinions, we delete flame. If people are attacking one another, then it is rule for deletion however if one is stating their opinon your are not allowed to delete the post just because you disagree with their position.

Let's aim to make this a respectful and intellectual discussion without attacking one another. Be smart, guys.

Post, post, post!
Hahah I didn't even hear about this until I read your thread. It's a sad life when you have to get your big political news from Ceroria.

I don't really give two craps about this.. lawl
Then don't post?

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
Sad thing is when I wore the bracelets last summer I went around different servers and when people lose to me they called me "fabulous person" "gay". Honestly America needed this. I am neither for nor against I am neutral

xBri

Spectator
Reaction score
I think this is such an accomplishment for the U.S.! All of the positive reactions here and on Twitter are astounding. Everyone deserves to love who they want to love. #LoveWins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci