• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time to finally figure out why I have low FPS.

Crackling

Career
Reaction score
First of all, keep this in mind: Minecraft is written all in Java, which requires you to have an over avarage to be able to do anything fancy with it. The thing is, first of all, Java requires more CPU than GPU, something I myself noticed when I upgraded my GPU from a 660 2GB to a 7970 3GB, and didn't get a single FPS boost. That would mean that you would need to upgrade your CPU if anything as far as I know, or overclock it (like me xD), which actually DID give me a frame boost. Anyway, keep in mind, most monitors only output 60FPS, so you usually wont need more than that, personally I like to limit mine to 70FPS as it feels a bit more responsive with the mouse.

Conclusion is:
CPU is the main issue as far as I know. Upgrade or overclock.
Consider if you actually need 100fps+, I personally don't find it any better to play with than 70.
Ask Notch to rewrite Minecraft into something else than Java :D

#BlameJava

Linkdude1997

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with this guy. ^ Minecraft is dependent on your CPU way more than other games would be. I'm fairly certain that your CPU is the problem here. Maybe invest in a new CPU + Mobo or attempt to OC your current CPU. I don't think that your GPU is the problem here, because I'm sure that you can run many other games at great FPS.

I've got an Intel i5-4670k and it, combined with my graphics card, is getting me ~400 fps on the settings you play on.

Kevomatic

Survivor
Reaction score
Try re-installing Minecraft. I used to get problems like this but it seemed to stop when I re-installed Minecraft. Or maybe try installing Optifine and turn all the settings down to the lowest. Only the ones you want to turn down of course. Like turn to Fast graphics but then in Quality you can edit how the Tress and grass look if Fast graphics looks ugly. Just try tinkering with little things like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci