• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time to finally figure out why I have low FPS.

M

MrKorrenian

Zeno is literally the only one giving good advice here. If you're not technologically savvy, get out. I'm fairly positive any human being with a normal functioning brain would have tried "turning down the render" or "re-installing minecraft".
I saw 2 people say re install Minecraft and 1 person to turn down the render distance. Really no need for unnecessary harshness. SixZo was asking for help and they were attempting to help.

Krumblez

Career
Reaction score
I know what you're talking about. I have a pretty average computer and get around 200fps on MCSG. I play on max fps, fast graphics (on fancy I get around 100), and smooth lighting off. Those are probably the main things to do. Oh, and turn down the render distance...

Reaction score
I, usually get 100-150fps with everything on fancy and far render distance. Try running minecraft through the 'Magic Launcher'. I do that and I normally get a decent FPS.

DaaNieBoY

Survivor
Reaction score
Put out other programs while playing mc, change something about animations in the options of your mc.

Nikitos08

Career
Reaction score
Your Graphic Card is the main problem.... 'nuf said...
Find a job... get some money.. upgrade your computer.... gtx 580 is getting older and older everyday... and you have only 1,5 gigs on it...

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Your Graphic Card is the main problem.... 'nuf said...
Find a job... get some money.. upgrade your computer.... gtx 580 is getting older and older everyday... and you have only 1,5 gigs on it...
Video Memory on a graphics card will have very little affect on a game like Minecraft. I really only need more video memory if I am going to be running at a higher screen resolution/more than one monitor.

ZEDeZEDMCSG

Tribute
Reaction score
I play on short render, clouds off (optifine) :p and I get 150 fps :) also turn smooth lighting off, I think that helps

Nikitos08

Career
Reaction score
Video Memory on a graphics card will have very little affect on a game like Minecraft. I really only need more video memory if I am going to be running at a higher screen resolution/more than one monitor.
oh okey, but still, better Graphic Card, more FPS ;) i would have bought a new one if i was you ;)
Maybe there is some other problem with your FPS on mc.... check the Nvidia control panel.. maybe something is wrong there ;)

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Make sure that your HDMI is connected into your graphics card(lower part of the case, I think). Not the best advice but it'll hopefully help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci