• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3 Chest Suggestions - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynik

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello tributes!

We're looking to add Tier 3 chests into MCSG, but we'd rather the community decide what should be in them.
There will likely be 2 tier 3 chests in a standard 24-player map, and 4 tier 3 chests in a 48-player map, just to give a bit of perspective on how things will be distributed.
Once tier 3s are added, the spawn rates in tier 1/2 chests will probably be nerfed a bit.

One thing that will likely be added into tier 3 chests in 1.6 will be a horse spawn egg, but the main purpose of this post is to see what you all, as a community, want in tier 3 chests. The top suggestions will be taken and put into a poll to gather the entire community's opinion.
I don't care what they put in the chest AS LONG as they DONT put in diamond gear. In my eyes, it ruins the game

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
Unless this is well balanced, I feel like tier 3's will be op. Here are my suggestions for items to spawn in them.

-Custom Potions (Low spawn chance)
These can be made using Kamyu’s tools (specifically the Potion Chest tool), which can be found here http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1133295-custom-spawner-custom-shop-populate-chests-anvil-light-fixer-and-more/. Some ideas that I thought of for these:
Potion of Overdrive: Strength I for 30 seconds, Slowness I for 30 seconds, Hunger I for 30 seconds.
Potion of Protection: Resistance I for 30 seconds, Weakness I for 30 seconds.
Potion of Trolololo(for the lolz): Nausea for 15 seconds
I’ll add more as I come up with them/get suggestions.

-10/15 Arrows (Medium/Low spawn chance)

-Iron Sword (Low/Very Low spawn chance)
Decent weapon, but not an op one.

-Diamond Boots/Helmet (Very Low spawn chance)
They only do half an armor bar more protection, so they won’t be op.

-Cake (Medium spawn chance)
Useful for quickly refilling your hunger while running away, at the cost of low saturation.

-Enchantment Bottles x3 (Low spawn chance)
A stack of 3 bottles almost completely guarantees that you get 1 level.

-Wolf Spawn Egg (Low spawn chance)
If this is added bones would need to be re-added into tier 1’s.

-Vines x 5 (Medium spawn chance)
Can be used to get out of a hole or climb a small ledge.

On the topic of horses: Unless they are somehow limited, they will be OP in my opinion. If it’s possible, I was thinking about some way to make the horse “break” or disappear after a certain amount of time or block traveled.

The chest locations would also need to be randomized to prevent camping/op routes.

Soccerwiz998

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe like 10 arrows, Lightly level 1 enchanted stone swords or bow. Prot 1 Gold Armor. A small chance of getting 2 - 3 iron ingots. The newly updated golden apple (not the god apple).

FinnTheLawlCat

Survivor
Reaction score
Horse egg.... Big fail. Say your on breeze island, the most played map ever (i'm pretty sure) if you have a horse you cannot ride a horse in water (when i posted this reply) so it would be pretty useless and it would be nearly impossible to get on the arches because it can't climb vines. You couldn't even get to the cornucopia! And say moonlight lake you couldn't get to the cornucopia lake/island/hill thingy. :/ Potions would be good as well as iron swords or enchanted gear.
Edit:
Maybe like 10 arrows, Lightly level 1 enchanted stone swords or bow. Prot 1 Gold Armor. A small chance of getting 2 - 3 iron ingots. The newly updated golden apple (not the god apple).
you can get them in tier 2 chests

Soccerwiz998

Survivor
Reaction score
Horse egg.... Big fail. Say your on breeze island, the most played map ever (i'm pretty sure) if you have a horse you cannot ride a horse in water (when i posted this reply) so it would be pretty useless and it would be nearly impossible to get on the arches because it can't climb vines. You couldn't even get to the cornucopia! And say moonlight lake you couldn't get to the cornucopia lake/island/hill thingy. :/ Potions would be good as well as iron swords or enchanted gear.
Edit:
Yes but what if it was on TSG2. Best map for horses.

Soccerwiz998

Survivor
Reaction score
Edit: you can get them in tier 2 chests
I thought they should get rid of the golden apples from those tier 2's because they are better and add them to tier 3's.

Reaction score
There are going to be horses in 1.6? :eek:

And there should be, NO potions, iron swords, sticks, iron ingots, diamonds, and diamond booties/hats. But booties are more fashionable.

EDIT: I changed my mind on the horses. There should also be non-OP golden apples, 10 arrows, and cooked chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci