• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3 Chest Suggestions - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tozzaa

Tribute
Reaction score
make tier 3 "God" chests like a chest you will find at the cornicopia then nerf all of the other chests down to leather chain and stone swords and such
Then players with skill will most probably lose if they don't find that chest. Few players are good enough to take out full iron and a dia sword with leather and a stone sword without the other player lagging or being pretty terrible.

Unuxon

Career
Reaction score
As i think about it more, the more i hate the idea of tier 3 chests and horses...

sesiath

Spectator
Reaction score
Then players with skill will most probably lose if they don't find that chest. Few players are good enough to take out full iron and a dia sword with leather and a stone sword without the other player lagging or being pretty terrible.
no not at all it takes more skill that is what MCSG used to be like.

Tozzaa

Tribute
Reaction score
no not at all it takes more skill that is what MCSG used to be like.

No, it means a complete noob's chances of winning increases a significant amount, while a more experienced player is immediately outmatched.

Tozzaa

Tribute
Reaction score
Having diamond armor and iron swords in a chest is way too overpowered, ruin some of the fun of the game...

I think diamond helms and boots are fine, as they are both only an extra half a defence over iron, and most people who survive to deathmatch have iron swords anyhow.

LincolnMines

Spectator
Reaction score
I love the idea of tier 3! Diamond Armor should be added to the tier 3 and already crafted diamond/iron swords! You could also include cakes and bottles of enchanting. Thanks!

Marshm411ow

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree with BritishShoop that they should be randomized tier 2's to be more fair. Iron swords would be useless, and horses and god apples are to op to be fair. Cakes are good for blocking doorways and stuff. Maybe you could add dog spawn eggs that will fight for you?

Also, add raw porkchops with knockback V.

Edit: Fireworks must be added!

Tozzaa

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree with BritishShoop that they should be randomized tier 2's to be more fair. Iron swords would be useless, and horses and god apples are to op to be fair. Cakes are good for blocking doorways and stuff. Maybe you could add dog spawn eggs that will fight for you?

Also, add raw porkchops with knockback V.

The porkchops would be too OP tbh. It's like an insta-escape from any battle consistently. Better off having a single ender pearl so one can get away once.

HTrain

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello tributes!

We're looking to add Tier 3 chests into MCSG, but we'd rather the community decide what should be in them.
There will likely be 2 tier 3 chests in a standard 24-player map, and 4 tier 3 chests in a 48-player map, just to give a bit of perspective on how things will be distributed.
Once tier 3s are added, the spawn rates in tier 1/2 chests will probably be nerfed a bit.

One thing that will likely be added into tier 3 chests in 1.6 will be a horse spawn egg, but the main purpose of this post is to see what you all, as a community, want in tier 3 chests. The top suggestions will be taken and put into a poll to gather the entire community's opinion.
Please no horse spawn eggs. I think it would be a total advantage for the person who has it. And i don't like the idea of Diamond armor (diamonds are fine) or potions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci