• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate

What is your religion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetzus

Platinum
Reaction score
What about an evangelical atheist? (lol dk if that's a term bc it is now)

Oh and also s/o to that kid that made a really long post and quoted me in it

Yeah I didn't read it
Haha, im not too sure about 'Evangelical Atheists'.. But nothings worse than an Evangelical Christian...

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I tend to compare the evidence and analyze what to believe. My parents raised me without believing, so that is the main reason that I am agnostic today. In my opinion, religion is a powerful thing that should not be abused. Many people, religious or not, do amazing or terrible things, and religion should not cause any bias between people.

I remember when I was a kid, I had a friend from Pakistan. Whenever I would come to his house, his family and him would have strange traditions. However, neither of us made a big deal out of it, and eventually I moved away. 4 years later, I realized that he was Muslim. It surprised me, but did not make me want to regret anything. I know that anyone, regardless of race, religion, history, or job, has the same exact chance to be a good person as we all do.

I admire how much religion has became a part of our lives. I've prayed before. I celebrate Christmas. I'm open to Christians and many other religions. Does that make me a Christian? Surprisingly (even to me), no.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
A problem I notice with these sorts of debates is the lack of knowledge of the other side of the argument.

The Big Bang theory is more than an explosion which made everything. The reason scientists believe that the big bang occurred is that they can observe the expansion of the universe and infer that there was a "big bang" which the shock waves are still visible. Of course there's more details than that, I'm just saying it's a theory based off scientific observations.

Same with the theory of evolution. Darwin devised it upon his observations at the Galapagos islands, where the beaks of birds are different to what he is used to, as the beaks have evolved/adapted to better suit the environment they live in. He then applied this to human evolution and observations of old ancestral skeletons and used his theory to fill the gaps between them and us.

But then there is the other side of the argument.

Many sceptics of religion criticise religions such as Christianity without even reading the bible or going to church. Others highlight the bad and outdated parts of scripture, and ignore the good and valuable parts of the bible.

What's the point I'm making? Don't judge and belittle other beliefs in general, and when you have peaceful and open debates such as this, gain some knowledge of the other side of the argument before you criticise it. I am happy to explain my beliefs, but I'm not going to attack others beliefs simply because they're different to mine. Be accepting of other beliefs, but also be proud and true to your own beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci