• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
1. God is a mystery, doesn't force us to do anything as we have free will.
2. Sin
3. God isn't Santa, he doesn't just answer on the spot, it takes time and sometimes prayer doesn't work. Don't understand the way you worded this one fully.
So what you are saying is God allows us to needlessly kill each other in wars...that is kind of cruel if you think about it. Well...at least that would mean he gave us System of a Down :3

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
There is no record of evolution ever happening, not once have I ever seen life spawn from chemicals, there is no footage or anything about it. It's just the most likely possibility as science says.
ugh....there is record of evolution. Have you see all the fossils and similarities between related living organisms? There is an overwhelming amount of evidence for evolution. You don't need footage of evolution to know it happened. Its similar to knowing what happens at a crime scene. Detectives aren't there at the crime scene and done have footage. They use many tools and evidence such as DNA, footprints, blood spatter and much more to know exactly what happened. Same thing with evolution. Is you wish to read more about the large amount of evidence for evolution feel free to go here http://necsi.edu/projects/evolution/evidence/evidence_intro.html

1. God is a mystery, doesn't force us to do anything as we have free will.
2. Sin
3. God isn't Santa, he doesn't just answer on the spot, it takes time and sometimes prayer doesn't work. Don't understand the way you worded this one fully.
  1. Giving us a bit of real evidence isn't forcing us to do anything.
  2. Cancer, tornadoes, starvation, human eating parasites, global warming etc is all because of sin? Really dude?
  3. Ill try to word it differently. If does does things on purpose. An example would be a tornado. Because God it the cause for everything, right? Then why would God stop that tornado because of prayer if he is the cause of it. Why not just not create it in the first place. God creates evil things so we can pray is away and he will decide if he makes it go away?

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
ugh....there is record of evolution. Have you see all the fossils and similarities between related living organisms? There is an overwhelming amount of evidence for evolution. You don't need footage of evolution to know it happened. Its similar to knowing what happens at a crime scene. Detectives aren't there at the crime scene but they use many things to know exactly what happened. Same thing with evolution. Is you wish to read more about the large amount of evidence for evolution feel free to go here http://necsi.edu/projects/evolution/evidence/evidence_intro.html
That's about as reliable as the idea of the sun and all the planets orbiting earth, it seemed to work at first and made sense, but later things changed. I want an actual experiment proving evolution exists.

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
That's about as reliable as the idea of the sun and all the planets orbiting earth, it seemed to work at first and made sense, but later things changed. I want an actual experiment proving evolution exists.
Can you give us an experiment giving proof that God exists? The thing is no one can tell for certain how the heck we got here. This is why we have things like religions and evolution theories.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Ok not to be an asshat here, but how do you know your family is going to heaven? For all you know before you were born they could have been horrible people.
In the christian religion its ok to be a horrible person and do horrible things as long as you repent your sins and believe in you. If you do that you should be ok and go to heaven.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Can you give us an experiment giving proof that God exists? The thing is no one can tell for certain how the heck we got here. This is why we have things like religions and evolution theories.
That's literally my point, this guy is acting like there is evidence for evolution. When it reality there is no evidence either way. That's why this is a debate cx

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok not to be an asshat here, but how do you know your family is going to heaven? For all you know before you were born they could have been horrible people.
I know my parents, they are probably the nicest people in the world to meet. I'm so glad they are my parents, they don't do anything wrong they go to church and do amazing stuff. I know they are going to Heaven. You can be forgiven for your sins in my religon.

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
In the christian religion its ok to be a horrible person and do horrible things as long as you repent your sins and believe in you. If you do that you should be ok and go to heaven.
I think there also something in there about if you get...well...abused without your consent (you get what I am saying right?) then the abuser must pay 50 gold (or something like that) to the abused's father. But then, the abused person has to live with the abuser...WHAT IS THE SENSE IN THAT?!

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
I know my parents, they are probably the nicest people in the world to meet. I'm so glad they are my parents, they don't do anything wrong they go to church and do amazing stuff. I know they are going to Heaven. You can be forgiven for your sins in my religon.
For all you know they could only be nice around you. I for one have a multitude of persona's I use depending on who's around.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
That's literally my point, this guy is acting like there is evidence for evolution. When it reality there is no evidence either way.
Do I really have to sit here and give you a lesson about evolution? How much have you learned about evolution. Im not trying to be mean but if you are really saying there is no evidence for evolution you clearly haven't read anything about it. Im not going to even bother.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Do I really have to sit here and give you a lesson about evolution? How much have you learned about evolution. Im not trying to be mean but if you are really saying there is no evidence for evolution you clearly haven't read anything about it. Im not going to even bother.
And have you read the bible?

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
And have you read the bible?
Have you?
I think there also something in there about if you get...well...abused without your consent (you get what I am saying right?) then the abuser must pay 50 gold (or something like that) to the abused's father. But then, the abused person has to live with the abuser...WHAT IS THE SENSE IN THAT?!
There are some stuff in the bible that you can deny but are in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci