• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Flint and Steel Guide

Are You Now a Fire God?

• Total voters

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
So, what's up guys, je m'appelle GOFORGOLDCROZ.

I've been playing lots of MCSG recently, and I've noticed people aren't so good with flint and steel, so I decided I'd help out the newer players out with that. Before I even start, I'd like to say, please don't comment saying "y u tell them" or along the lines of that, because everyone deserves a chance to win, and FnS is a huge factor to winning MCSG nowadays.

The Steps:

1. Always use extra iron and flint to make FnS, incase all the tier 2's are looted.

2. Fire Reach (That's what I call it :3): This is where you're chasing a person around corn, or a place where you can cut people of easy. When you catch up to the person, go beside them and then light a fire in front of them so they have no chance of stopping, and they walk right into it.

3. You Don't Always Have to Turn: If you know how to use F5, then you can do this trick. Just use F5 to see where the person chasing you is and light a fire beside you, making them run into it unexpectedly because every player has adapted to the classic turn and light.

4. Bow + Fire: If you're low, range and fire can easily win you a fight. Just do the old 'turn and light' trick, or the 'light it beside you' trick, and the run for a while (FnS slows people down
severely) And then use your bow + arrows to shoot them down until you believe you can strike, or just shoot forever!

You Choose!
This next part is from the community. Post down below anymore tricks that you know of (Using FnS, of course), and I'll add them to the column below!
Community Tips

1. (By @TheManeEvent ) When someone is running towards you, hold food in your hand, look at the ground, and hold down right click. It'll look like you're just gonna eat food but you switch to the flint and steel right before they get to you.

2. (By @Claps123 , @Redjosepie , @Darby100 , and @DreamNoodle And invented by @gcb99, @Elgoldo , @NoahSailer ) Unexpected Fire: If the person chasing you is really really close, you can just instantly stop and place the flint and steel right in front of you. It's risky, but if you do it right, they're on fire, and in front of you, and facing the wrong way.

3. (By @darkai202 ) Light some blocks on fire around the person (Say a 30x30 area, lighting around 5 blocks on fire) and using the fishing rod or knockback to hit them into the fire. Completely unexpected as when people dodge fire they generally think it's over and pay no attention to it.

4. (By @ProfessorRetro ) If a person is getting to you when you're low without any secondary weapons, use your FnS (which has 4 uses) to make a little wall that will either make them run into the fire, or back off for a bit, letting you eat and regen. It won't always work though.

5. (By @TheBluemeerkat ) Make a line of Fire using 2 Flint and steel. This can be hard to dodge! And can set fire to basicly everyone! (Used against teams) P.S. BURNNN

6. (By @EpicRhubarb ) When going into a fight have one or more flint and steels ready if you're opponent has better gear.

7. (By @EditingXBL ) Pretend to aim your bow and when they try and attack use your flint and steel.

Last edited:

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When someone is running towards you, hold food in your hand, look at the ground, and hold down right click. It'll look like you're just gonna eat food but you switch to the flint and steel right before they get to you.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Not enough people mention the arc motion against strafers. You need to spread your fire into a long arc to the side the strafing person is moving to to get them.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You should mention to spread fire in a way in which the person is more inclined to get into it. If not, it should buy you enough time to gtfo.

DreamNoodle

Tribute
Reaction score
These are some pretty solid tips. Another one, just wanted to mention, is if the person chasing you is really really close, you can just instantly stop and place the flint and steel right in front of you. It's risky, but if you do it right, they're on fire, and in front of you, and facing the wrong way. Just thought I'd mention it :)

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
These are some pretty solid tips. Another one, just wanted to mention, is if the person chasing you is really really close, you can just instantly stop and place the flint and steel right in front of you. It's risky, but if you do it right, they're on fire, and in front of you, and facing the wrong way. Just thought I'd mention it :)
Thanks, it's nice to get some criticism from a higher ranked player!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci