• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Current State of SGC - June 2015

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I play SGClassic, and so do a few others. Chad once said, as long as there are players, he will keep the game.

Originally SGClassic was supposed to emulate early V1 (july or august 2012), but after all of the complaints that it was too much like beta they changed and said it was beta. Not many people believe me but I know what I saw. You are correct though, sg1-3 were the only beta maps.

Back when SGC was somewhat fixed, it included SG4, and it surprisingly didn't get way overplayed. It was the most popular map, but sg1-3 got their fair share as well. I just feel like adding Overgrown and Breeze would make the map rotation feel incomplete. Fort Pyke wasn't added much later along with Kharmunrah, and it wouldn't feel right to leave them out.

That is a very good question. I don't know but I would think they'd save somewhere. They did before, so that database may still be keeping them.
You have to remember that Solar Forst would've been added at the same time as Pyke and Karmunhrah. I was just suggesting the map pool of when they first brought in community maps.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
You have to remember that Solar Forst would've been added at the same time as Pyke and Karmunhrah. I was just suggesting the map pool of when they first brought in community maps.
You have a point, and I'm not going to argue, because I wrote that at midnight and don't understand some of it myself >.<
The addition and removal of maps is just hard to remember, it was so long ago. Back then they didn't really add them in groups and I don't remember the exact order...

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
You have a point, and I'm not going to argue, because I wrote that at midnight and don't understand some of it myself >.<
The addition and removal of maps is just hard to remember, it was so long ago. Back then they didn't really add them in groups and I don't remember the exact order...
Trust me, I don't remember either. I only know the Breeze and Overgrown were first, and Solar Frost cane out at the sane time as SG4 and Karmunrah I think.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Beardy I may do some digging and find out a little more, and hopefully I can understand it a little bit better then, and be able to develop a better plan.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Beardy I may do some digging and find out a little more, and hopefully I can understand it a little bit better then, and be able to develop a better plan.
I occasionally play SGC c:
If you ever need any help, hit me up with a PM and we can talk somewhere <3

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
After a couple hours of digging I give you the order of release of all v1 community maps:

8/14/12 Breeze Island, Overgrown Arena
9/27/12 Fortress Pyke, Teweren SG1, MCSG Ruins, Kharmunrah
10/18/12 Solar Frost, Skylands Survival, Yellowstone
11/17/12 Survival Kingdom
2/18/13 Insanity Cause, Moonlight Lake
3/13/13 Lost Ridge
4/26/13 Holiday Resort
5/22/13 (V2 map update) Fortune Island, Castle Dracula, Icarus, Treacherous Heights, Hell Games, Lost mine

So Beardy Solar Frost v1 actually was released later, but I forgot that v1 wasn't a map anymore, so maybe that could get added too.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
After a couple hours of digging I give you the order of release of all v1 community maps:

8/14/12 Breeze Island, Overgrown Arena
9/27/12 Fortress Pyke, Teweren SG1, MCSG Ruins, Kharmunrah
10/18/12 Solar Frost, Skylands Survival, Yellowstone
11/17/12 Survival Kingdom
2/18/13 Insanity Cause, Moonlight Lake
3/13/13 Lost Ridge
4/26/13 Holiday Resort
5/22/13 (V2 map update) Fortune Island, Castle Dracula, Icarus, Treacherous Heights, Hell Games, Lost mine

So Beardy Solar Frost v1 actually was released later, but I forgot that v1 wasn't a map anymore, so maybe that could get added too.
Alright, I'm actually really happy you told me. I love data like this :D

Styled_

Tribute
Reaction score
When the community will add maps.. add the old maps , lol

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I guess the devs had 2 options... fix it or remove it completely, and they chose the 2nd :c

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci