• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Current State of SGC - June 2015

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I haven't updated the community on the happenings of SGClassic in a while, so here's the lowdown.

Players
There aren't many players on during the day, but the evenings are active, and hopefully the summer rush will pull more players in.

Bugs
1) SG2 is the only current map
2) Victor(s) can keep their armor into the lobby and the next game.
3) The map(s) do not reset themselves, leaving chests and leaves looted.
4) 48 servers have 24 player maps

Suggestions
I recommend we add more maps:
24: SG1, SG3, SG4, SG5, Breeze Island, Overgrown Arena, Fortress Pyke, Yellowstone, Solar Frost v1, and possibly Treacherous Heights v1 because it is very missed (according to MCGA) and could bring more players to SGC.
48: SG1, SG3, Kharmunrah, Overgrown Arena, and possibly Lost Ridge if the crashing problem is fixed.
I also recommend the servers restart after every game, because this is how the code for the game originally ran, and it is the cause for several bugs.

Last edited:

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Nice thread. Like you said, I feel like they should add more maps.
I was thinking that maybe they could add all the removed maps of SG to SGC? I think that would be cool, that way people that liked a map could still play them?

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I feel that on some level the Developers neglect other gamemodes, and don't perfect them before release. Furthermore, I would truthfully love to see Survival Games Classic revived and have it be popular again. A gamemode without the fishing rod technique and other modern techniques. Something for us old geezers, haha.

In the end, as yannr00s said above. Nice thread, short and sweet :)

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe they could add all the removed maps of SG to SGC? I think that would be cool, that way people that liked a map could still play them?
I thought this at first too, but after going over it some I changed my mind. They remove maps for a reason, and I don't want to have ALL of them in there. Haruka doesn't really scream nostalgia.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I thought this at first too, but after going over it some. They remove maps for a reason, and I don't want to have ALL of them in there. Haruka doesn't really scream nostalgia.
I see your point, Haruka really doesn't scream nostalgia. I feel that maps released June 2013 and earlier should be re-added and if the map is not compatible with the version or has too many bugs et cetera, I would be more than willing to fix some of them.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I like the idea if adding more maps, but I'm not so sure about ones like SG4. I think if abyrhings going to be added, it should be SG3, Overgrown and Breeze. That way it can be like the old times with Breeze on 24 and Overgrown on 48. Otherwise I agree with what you said. I love it every once in a whole, but with some fixes I'd definitely play more.

PS: Glad we have a mod on SGC now. Gl

Waffles

District 13
Reaction score
or we could just get rid of them because in all honesty, who actually plays SGC?

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I think that Serverr's idea of making the server 1.2.5 to make it really classic would draw in some players……

Leafed

Career
Reaction score
I'm not sure about adding the new maps, I always thought that SGC was supposed to emulate the beta. If my memory is right, the only three maps in beta were SG1, SG2, and SG3 towards the end.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Do your stats actually save anywhere? Because /stats doesn't work either :3

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
or we could just get rid of them because in all honesty, who actually plays SGC?
I play SGClassic, and so do a few others. Chad once said, as long as there are players, he will keep the game.

I'm not sure about adding the new maps, I always thought that SGC was supposed to emulate the beta. If my memory is right, the only three maps in beta were SG1, SG2, and SG3 towards the end.
Originally SGClassic was supposed to emulate early V1 (july or august 2012), but after all of the complaints that it was too much like beta they changed and said it was beta. Not many people believe me but I know what I saw. You are correct though, sg1-3 were the only beta maps.

I like the idea if adding more maps, but I'm not so sure about ones like SG4. I think if anythings going to be added, it should be SG3, Overgrown and Breeze. That way it can be like the old times with Breeze on 24 and Overgrown on 48. Otherwise I agree with what you said. I love it every once in a whole, but with some fixes I'd definitely play more.
Back when SGC was somewhat fixed, it included SG4, and it surprisingly didn't get way overplayed. It was the most popular map, but sg1-3 got their fair share as well. I just feel like adding Overgrown and Breeze would make the map rotation feel incomplete. Fort Pyke wasn't added much later along with Kharmunrah, and it wouldn't feel right to leave them out.
Do your stats actually save anywhere? Because /stats doesn't work either :3
That is a very good question. I don't know but I would think they'd save somewhere. They did before, so that database may still be keeping them.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci