• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events The Community Games 8

Hype?

• HYPE

• Hypetastic!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

(totally not a cooltext logo)

Welcome tributes. It is time for the next Community Games Event. As many of you may remember, the last Community Games was thrown together somewhat last-minute, but was heaps of fun nonetheless. Another congratulations to all the winners of Community Games 7 (Ex0dUs101, Serecno, RiskIt, codboy_88, c_rod7392, Victor56 - Your medals will be coming soon, if not already received at the time of this thread being posted)

These Games will be reverting back to the roots of the event, with a large competition between the community members and the staff members, however this time with a bit of a twist. In all previous games to this, the event has been played out on the Survival Games gamemode only, however this time we have decided to expand our horizons and play other gamemodes as well. The event will play out as follows:

Round 1: Round 1 will be carried out on the Survival Games. Round 1 will be a 12v12 competition between regular members and staff members, much like a massive clan battle. Remember, teamwork is key. As in clan battles, the side to eliminate the other team first wins. The winning team will receive 200 points (plus 10 for every member alive) and the losing team will be awarded a straight 135 points.

Round 2: Round 2 will be carried out on Deadly Descent, and will consist of 3 rounds. This will be a free-for-all type event but keep in mind that it will be scored based on what team the top 3 are in. The 1st place finisher in each round is rewarded 35 points for their team, the 2nd place finisher 20 points, and the 3rd place finisher 10.

Round 3: Round 3 will be carried out on Battlegrounds in an intense FFA match. In this match, seeing as it is a free-for-all, you will find yourself killing your teammates which is perfectly fine. What is not fine, however, is having one person farm kills by meeting up at the corners of maps and letting one person kill the rest consecutively. If found doing so, the team will be disqualified for the entire round, meaning you better have a pretty big lead and be prepared for angry teammates wanting to know why you threw away their opportunity for the win. There is nothing wrong with trucing with your teammates temporarily, or temporarily ganging up on members of the other team because both teams will have the opportunity to do this, as long as there is no cheating occurring. So how will this be scored? Well, all of the players who make it on to the Battlegrounds leaderboard will have their scores counted up and credited toward their overall team score. Doing well in Round 3 can win your team some serious points.

Applying

After consideration between the members of the CG Crew, through popular vote, and by necessity of the event due to player count and organization, we have decided to bring back the application stage for the Community Games 8.

“I’m a community member and would like to play. How do I apply?”

Simple! We have set up a Google Form (link here: http://goo.gl/forms/ZQ8V3bFReX). All you need to do is fill out the application to the best of your ability and if your application has been accepted, you will be responded to on the forums via PM.

“I’m a staff member and would like to play. How do I apply?”

Just slide into my DMs on Slack and I will give you further instructions on how to proceed c:

Once the 12 community and staff members have been selected, you will be added to a PM conversation on the forums where details will be announced. The event as of now is planned to be hosted on the weekend of May 16th-17th.

Good luck, and may the odds be never in your favor.

Any members of the Community Games team who would like to help out directly with this event (such as reviewing applications, setting up the time and date, and going over any other details) or if you are a staff member and would like to be in the Community Games team, contact me via Slack :)

UPDATE REGARDING FORUM MEDALS

I'm assuming most of you would like to know what the deal will be this round regarding giving out medals. Well, after some thought it has been decided that medals will be distributed as follows:
- Only three people will be receiving forum medals for winning the Community Games 8
- These three people will be from the winning team (staff or community)
- These three players will be those who got the most kills for their team in Round 3 (Battlegrounds). How this works, basically; is if the community team wins, the top 3 scoring community members will receive the medal and if the staff team wins, the top 3 scoring staff members will receive the medal. A system like this also encourages more of an FFA aspect to the game.

Good luck once more ;]

Last edited:

Tom

Experienced
Reaction score
Going to try and compete in this! Looking foward it it :D

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I applied, would love to get in! I hope it winds up being a fun event for all regardless of who is playing :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think I can join, once again, my mom doesn't let me on teamspeak
I know you're in a disadvantaged case, I wish I could find another way for you to participate but all the announcements for how the event will run will be via Teamspeak :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci