• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Change

Agree or Disagree?

• Agree

Votes: 75 92.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Oh my gosh another AstroPunkz fan. I thought I was part of an extinct species. Anyway, from a personal standpoint I really like your points. I'd love to play games of MCSG in the style they were back in 2013, the experience just seemed richer. Mainly because that was back when all of my inspirations still played actively but things truly did just seem more lively.
#1 I believe that MCSG needs to bring back some of the following maps, they are very missed by a lot of people : MoonLight Lake, Wyvern's Wake, Vida Cova, Freeze Island, Icarus(not the new version), Moonbase (not the new version..), Rugged land, Survival games SG5.., and many other maps. These maps were the core of fun on MCSG and they have been removed. If they were removed for a valid reason then that is understandable.
The main reason these were removed was because they were underplayed. As new maps came, maps like these that were popular but not SG4/Valley/Holiday type popular were eventually replaced with the newer maps. It's unfortunate how good maps like these get removed because they're replaceable despite being fun to play.

Re-adding those maps introduces risk. They could either be absorbed by the community and played non-stop for a while before dying out, or just go back to being underplayed. I hope that if this were to happen it would be the first option, but ya never know.

As for Wyvern's Wake, it'll never be re-added because wronsiski and the other creators specifically requested its removal. :c
#2 MCSG also needs to remove the info section on the right side of the screen while you're In-Game.
This is suppose to be the Survival Games. It kinda does take somewhat space up on the screen, it doesn't feel like mcsg.. Also, the cannon instead of the lightning gives it a more Hunger Games effect.

You can do /sidebar minimize ingame to reduce the size of the sidebar. I find it less distracting that way :)

#thankdevin
#3 Enchanted items and the diamond swords on Wyvern's Wake, the Enchanted armor and the bow on Vida Cova, the Golden apple and the potion of health on Valleyside University, the hobo sticks on Rugged Lands, and etc. These items should be returned to maps (maybe hidden at another place). I know these items can give someone an unfair advantage but this is the Survival Games. There should be items like those on maps, they can be called "treasures" or something. I don't know but that brings fun to the game. Cornucopia can also give an unfair advantage as well at refill or even at the beginning of the game? It's technically the same. You need to know how to beat someone with enchanted armor and a diamond sword. That's why it's called the Survival Games, to survive against foes with items and skills maybe better than you.
For the most part, I like this idea. Although the Prot IV armor on Vida Cova was a bit outrageous. If we set in place standards and regulations for "OP" or hidden items to be implemented, this could be a lot of fun. Your point makes this extremely valid, however. I feel like at some points this game is less about survival and too reliant on PvP skill, the rush of racing others to get a specific item was really a great part of some maps and made them more fun.
#4 The 2013 and the 2014 hubs were better in my opinion. Other players and staff may differ but that's what i believe.
Just look at those, The old hubs just seems much more fun and energetic. People actually interacted. You can see Forarian running around like a noob. Ava . There were other things like the Picture Booth, the Ship.. the beach.. and places that seemed fun to adventure to throughout the Hub. I remember when everyone would use the pressure plate to fly towards the golden creeper in the 2013 hub. and try to get on it.. memories :c

This is the only point that I have no quarrels against. Our current hub, while quite beautifully put together (thanks to Alpaka c: ) lacks a ton of basic things that created our community. There are no cool meeting places to go around, there are no long and extensive parkour courses, and there's nowhere to explore. I find running around the hub rather stale nowadays because all I can do is circle the small stone pad in the center or swim in the small fountains.

Heck, there isn't even a staff area anymore! No castle, mansion, or island :cc
#5 Same goes with the MCSG lobbies.. the old ones seemed way better. The 2013 lobbies were even better. When it was winter there would be Christmas Tree towards the back of the lobby and we would all stand around the Christmas Tree. That was FUN. MEMORIES. Too bad i couldn't find a screenshot for that.
Memories are great, absolutely. I totally miss the old lobbies, and my favorite was the remake of the original that circulated from August 2013 - February(ish) 2014. Other than that, there isn't much of a quality decrease in our SG lobbies so I'm not sure of how convincing of an argument that can be for a revert :p
#6 Not gonna lie, the mobs were fun too. :)
ew mobs!1!!1!!
If the listed things above come back to MCSG, I guarantee that many people will return. The community will grow, MCSG will be more fun. You have nothing to lose MCSG, You'll only get a gain. A gain in people will also brings a gain in money(donor). MCSG can have an increase of about 1/2 or even double of what MCSG makes. It's a Win-Win situation where both sides get whatever they want. Also with that more clans can be born. !
^ This.

A lot of recent updates have seemed to drive out older players, I've heard from a lot of my older friends that they don't play MCSG because it's so different and less interesting to them from a maps/lobbies/hubs/features standpoint.

Doing something like bringing back old stuff that was liked isn't downgrading or reverting it's providing an opportunity for growth and introducing many aspects of the community and game that people never wanted removed in the first place.

Very well phrased, professionally presented.

+1

Waiting for Ceroria to say something that's gonna get like 19 likes
waiting to get 19 likes

Zeplohx

Survivor
Reaction score
Oh my gosh another AstroPunkz fan. I thought I was part of an extinct species. Anyway, from a personal standpoint I really like your points. I'd love to play games of MCSG in the style they were back in 2013, the experience just seemed richer. Mainly because that was back when all of my inspirations still played actively but things truly did just seem more lively.

The main reason these were removed was because they were underplayed. As new maps came, maps like these that were popular but not SG4/Valley/Holiday type popular were eventually replaced with the newer maps. It's unfortunate how good maps like these get removed because they're replaceable despite being fun to play.

Re-adding those maps introduces risk. They could either be absorbed by the community and played non-stop for a while before dying out, or just go back to being underplayed. I hope that if this were to happen it would be the first option, but ya never know.

As for Wyvern's Wake, it'll never be re-added because wronsiski and the other creators specifically requested its removal. :c
You can do /sidebar minimize ingame to reduce the size of the sidebar. I find it less distracting that way :)

#thankdevin

For the most part, I like this idea. Although the Prot IV armor on Vida Cova was a bit outrageous. If we set in place standards and regulations for "OP" or hidden items to be implemented, this could be a lot of fun. Your point makes this extremely valid, however. I feel like at some points this game is less about survival and too reliant on PvP skill, the rush of racing others to get a specific item was really a great part of some maps and made them more fun.
This is the only point that I have no quarrels against. Our current hub, while quite beautifully put together (thanks to Alpaka c: ) lacks a ton of basic things that created our community. There are no cool meeting places to go around, there are no long and extensive parkour courses, and there's nowhere to explore. I find running around the hub rather stale nowadays because all I can do is circle the small stone pad in the center or swim in the small fountains.

Heck, there isn't even a staff area anymore! No castle, mansion, or island :cc

Memories are great, absolutely. I totally miss the old lobbies, and my favorite was the remake of the original that circulated from August 2013 - February(ish) 2014. Other than that, there isn't much of a quality decrease in our SG lobbies so I'm not sure of how convincing of an argument that can be for a revert :p

ew mobs!1!!1!!

^ This.

A lot of recent updates have seemed to drive out older players, I've heard from a lot of my older friends that they don't play MCSG because it's so different and less interesting to them from a maps/lobbies/hubs/features standpoint.

Doing something like bringing back old stuff that was liked isn't downgrading or reverting it's providing an opportunity for growth and introducing many aspects of the community and game that people never wanted removed in the first place.

Very well phrased, professionally presented.

+1

waiting to get 19 likes
Hoenstly the lobby games lobby was the most fun, it had so many secrets and stuff to roam around in

Lis

Career
Reaction score
Sometimes a degrade is better than a upgrade. I am talking about this as a business. It doesn't have to stay the same but they don't have to make it so it's not fun anymore. After all, it is a game Lis.
I think generally the server is doing alright, although I don't find myself playing much. Not because I don't enjoy/like it anymore either. :p But we're all entitled to an opinion and I both respect and agree with some parts of yours.

Drake

Career
Reaction score
I think generally the server is doing alright, although I don't find myself playing much. Not because I don't enjoy/like it anymore either. :p But we're all entitled to an opinion and I both respect and agree with some parts of yours.
It's doing alright but imo it can do BETTER.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci