• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Texture Pack Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Hey guys, Krackan here and I have a competition for all you graphic designers out there! (Professional or aspiring! Even if you're not a designer you can give it a go!)
Lately I've been trying to find a good Texture pack to play MCSG on but I can't find any (I'm REALLY picky) so I decided to make my own. That didn't last long. So now I'm running a competition to anyone who wants to give it a go to make me one. The prize? Iron donorship for a month to AU, US or EU servers. But before you head to your drawing boards I have a few requirements:
It must be MCSG styled. (A vague requirement I know but try to think Hunger Games when making it XP)
It MUST be ALL your own work. I have seen hundreds of texture packs and if I see any plagurism from an existing texture pack, I will ignore your entry ^_^
It must be obvious what items are what. One of the issues I had with many great texture packs is that it's hard to tell exactly what item is what. When in mid battle I need to know what I have in my inventory and where (for example chain armour looked very similar to iron, which is annoying in the heat of battle when sizing up an enemy).
Take your time when designing it as the competition will close on the 1st of February (1 month from now. If you guys all think 1 month is atrocious and need more time, I can extend it) quality not quantity! I will reveal the winner after trying out all the entries however long that takes.
All items must be changed. There are many items at the moment in Minecraft but be sure to cover them all. I will be checking the texture pack in creative mode to make sure all items are done (and I mean EVERYTHING. Even the things you can't get hold of in the survival games =D). Incomplete texture packs will be rejected :p (You get extra points if you change text in game to a cool looking font =3 )
Inbox me your entry with a download or email your entry to [email protected]
Good luck to you all :)

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Krackan, it doesn't matter where you donate to now because of global donator. :p

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe, I can draw pretty good (not trying to brag), I should give it ago but I'm a dummy and don't know how to even make a texture pack. :p

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I tried making a texture pack once...
...I sucked. Badly. Art is not my strong point, not nearly. :p

Good luck to the competitors!

As a side note: Global donations are coming soon, but whether they will come before or with the CA region, I'm not sure. You should add allowing them to donate for CA as well, just in case. :p

Glitchy

Experienced
Reaction score
Can I use this texture pack when ??? makes it :D? I've been looking for a texture pack as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci