• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teaming is unfair and anti-competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
no, it's a godly thread by a godly user that should stay open because what's being posted is still relevant
Agreed. Since there's often a new thread every week complaining about teams, I'd say that it's still a relevant topic. I'll leave this thread open despite the necropost.

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Agreed. Since there's often a new thread every week complaining about teams, I'd say that it's still a relevant topic. I'll leave this thread open despite the necropost.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. If you are, maybe you should lock it to the top of the thread list? Just an idea...

Anyways, teaming will always be here, so deal with it :)

Ian

Career
Reaction score
Teaming needs to remain a feature in MCSG for the simple reason that a lot of new players join with friends to have fun. As mentioned months ago in this thread, the solution would be to have separate servers where players are all disguised with gibberish names (some way for mods to identify players). Whilst it would still be possible to team through external contact, it would definitely help the situation.

Personally, I don't have any problems with teams lol, most don't know how to team properly therefore aren't a threat. Just play smart - it's a fun challenge to take out a few players at once.

Might I also add that as a newer player, being eliminated by a team was motivation for me to further improve at surviving.. But I improve through loss and demotivation haha.

K

KiDD

With enough time playing and experience they really should not be that big a problem. Though teams can get rather irritating game after game...but yeah playing solo forever does get boring.

Scaredy

Spectator
Reaction score
You can always say "Oh yeah well with enough experience you can take down a team." The matter of the fact is that if there is a team with 100 wins+ that vaguely know what they are doing (e.g. boosting each other with rods) and they each have roughly the same gear as you it is EXTREMELY hard to win if they chase you unless you have a LOT of arrows and I mean a LOT a 2 team that have 30 wins each can be easily beatable but I think the reason my ratio is terrible is because I face average PvPers who have lots of wins BASED on the fact they 2 or 3 team. The least MCSG can do is put a cap on teamers and make exceptions with CW's.

But that's my opinion :D

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You can always say "Oh yeah well with enough experience you can take down a team." The matter of the fact is that if there is a team with 100 wins+ that vaguely know what they are doing (e.g. boosting each other with rods) and they each have roughly the same gear as you it is EXTREMELY hard to win if they chase you unless you have a LOT of arrows and I mean a LOT a 2 team that have 30 wins each can be easily beatable but I think the reason my ratio is terrible is because I face average PvPers who have lots of wins BASED on the fact they 2 or 3 team. The least MCSG can do is put a cap on teamers and make exceptions with CW's.

But that's my opinion :D
Well, you can't beat all teams, but teams add some variance to the game. If we made said cap and made exceptions for teams, how would be able to determine the difference between a large team and a clan? Anyone can say they're a clan, there's too much grey area and it'd be too much hard call making and a lot of issues.

Battey

Career
Reaction score
With enough time playing and experience they really should not be that big a problem. Though teams can get rather irritating game after game...but yeah playing solo forever does get boring.
AHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, I'll get you sometime with my 4 team and I'll say ez after ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci