• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

*Suggestion* Solo SG: Smaller Maps?

Should SoloSG use Smaller Maps?

• Yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd say that allowing Solo SG to have 24 players would definitely make it more interesting, as well as this; it would be a lot easier than creating entirely new maps just for Solo SG.

Greave

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the idea but it would be harder to stay alive longer because there could be someone right around the corner lol.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score

(Art taken from the Solo SG thread)

Hello Tributes, Today we are here on behalf of TeamElite, we at TeamElite have been asking one question and that is. "Should MCGamer have custom made maps for 'SoloSG'?". The reason we ask the question is because SoloSG is made up of 12 tributes, which is half of the Original "Survival Games" and in every game there are 12 empty podiums.

As Map Makers we feel as thought the Gamemode would benefit from smaller and more Detailed maps, at the current moment MCGamer is using the same maps as the 24 Tribute games and it seems like the games just last far too long.

The maps would have a 12 podium corn and a smaller Map radius, the reason for this is so that the Games can become more intense and fast paced.

Please leave your opinion on this matter in the comments below!

~ Dave and Benji ~
I disagree really strongly with this. It penalizes those who do better on the bigger maps, and creates tyranny of the Majority. ;/ I mean some of us REALLY dislike small maps (Cough par 72 Cough SG 4 Cough), Some players benefit from the longer games, as it is a strategy to irritate your opponent if you don't mind the wait. It forces them to make mistakes :p

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I disagree really strongly with this. It penalizes those who do better on the bigger maps, and creates tyranny of the Majority. ;/ I mean some of us REALLY dislike small maps (Cough par 72 Cough SG 4 Cough), Some players benefit from the longer games, as it is a strategy to irritate your opponent if you don't mind the wait. It forces them to make mistakes :p
lol the same thing could be said about normal sg. Majority of the community loves small maps. There will be a few which are bigger, but in the end, its what the majority wants xD. Either way... they need to either enter a few smaller maps, or just make the servers 24 man cuz already the solo servers are rapidly losing people compared to when first started.

Reaction score
I don't play SoloSG much, however I would like this implementation. The reason being is, it'd be fun to have more maps to play on. Also, considering new maps are added, I would like it, if possible, for no download links of the maps. Just to make games more interesting. I would enjoy it too to have maps that I have no idea what I'm doing on. It is kind of like old times on the server all over again. ^-^

This is my opinion. Flaws to this have not been considered.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
lol the same thing could be said about normal sg. Majority of the community loves small maps. There will be a few which are bigger, but in the end, its what the majority wants xD. Either way... they need to either enter a few smaller maps, or just make the servers 24 man cuz already the solo servers are rapidly losing people compared to when first started.
eh, A good player can win no matter what the map. Also school started up recently xD so that obviously has an effect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci