• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion: Give armour/weapons found in chests a random durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redjosepie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It was primarily a joke towards those who actually play DayZ and get frustrated with things like helicopters that have missing parts on them.
I wouldn't mind this, but I could also see people hating the fact if they're the unlucky one who continuously gets like 1% durability items.
I could imagine that when tier 3s come out, (if iron swords are implemented) Hey, look! A Iron Sword! Oh damn, it's got 1 use..... (Rage mode activated)

BlueMoonP

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel that you're just trying to customise the game to your liking, this is pretty unnecessary and would quite frankly be annoying as hell.
Well duh, I wouldn't make a suggestion if I didn't think it would improve the game. I already outlined in the main post why I think it would be a good idea.

I wouldn't mind this, but I could also see people hating the fact if they're the unlucky one who continuously gets like 1% durability items.
As I said, it would be a good idea to specify a minimum durability (like 10% or 30 hits or something), but still, people could be unlucky anyway. The same is however the case with the current chest content system - people even argued that the factor 'luck' was important to the game.

BlueMoonP

Experienced
Reaction score
No pls i fan. What about crafted swords? And crafted armour.
It will also motivate people to craft their own gear. I wouldn't mind seeing more iron/gold ingots and leather spawn in chests if the durability of items is reduced. Collecting 8 iron ingots for a chestplate will be quite the hassle but it will definitely be worth it - the chances of your chestplate breaking near the end of the game are slim.

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
It was primarily a joke towards those who actually play DayZ and get frustrated with things like helicopters that have missing parts on them.
just make the random durability between 100%(unused) to maybe 20% or around there

EDIT: I just thought of something, suppose every game spawns in full diamond gear(diamond sword boots helmet pants chest) its all in one chest but it all has 1% of durability:p that would be such a troll

csy393

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe if possible they could code it so that lower durability things (Gold, leather) could spawn with more durability (60-80%) and things that have high durability (Iron, chain) would spawn with 30-60%.

PowerhousePlayer

Survivor
Reaction score
No. Your reasoning to keep all items is valid, but if your in a fight and your armour and/or sword breaks, your hooped.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
No. Your reasoning to keep all items is valid, but if your in a fight and your armour and/or sword breaks, your hooped.
Well you see, that's kind of the point...

I for one love this idea, for basically all the reasons Moon listed in the original post. I mean, when you're playing MCSG, and you find a stone sword, you're kind of set for a little bit, and if you already have good armor, there's no point in checking any other chests. With his idea, it gives you something else to do, and adds a factor into PVP.

The only problem I have with the idea though, (and it's not really a big one) would all the chests at the cornucopia function the same way? Cause if so, you could waste a lot of your time running to the corn, to get an iron chestplate and stone sword that barely has anything left in it. The cornucopia is supposed to have the best stuff, and I'd feel royally screwed if I got something with no juice left in it.

Other than that, I really like the idea.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I LOVE the idea!

I just don't want it on these servers... :(
It's something that I just can't explain :(

BlueMoonP

Experienced
Reaction score
The only problem I have with the idea though, (and it's not really a big one) would all the chests at the cornucopia function the same way? Cause if so, you could waste a lot of your time running to the corn, to get an iron chestplate and stone sword that barely has anything left in it. The cornucopia is supposed to have the best stuff, and I'd feel royally screwed if I got something with no juice left in it.

Well I just gave a general idea. If this ends up being (partially) implemented, the devs can decide to change all kinds of stuff, including higher durability for corn loot. Considernig that the cornucopia is indeed supposed to have the best stuff, I think it'd be a good idea to give the items in there a 2-3 times higher durability on average.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm all for the idea of needing and learning more skills in this game. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member