• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Hey everyone. There's tons of strategy put into MCSG. Winning takes a lot of skill, and there's a fine technique that must be mastered. So I had a question for not only some of the more seasoned players, but the newbies as well: What's the greatest technique or tip/trick that you use in the Games? The one that you can always trust to get you through a battle. What skill or game aspect have you perfected to the point where it's natural? Share below! :)

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Turn around, you act like you're going to run forever, but do a quick turn around and get 2-4 hits everytime, it's a gg strat. Or, u cud jus b a bacca liek meh

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Definitely bows. You don't know how many times I'm accused of "bow aimbot" it's ridiculous. I'm extremely accurate at long and close range, so I can use them in any situation. I'm also extremely good at shooting and dodging at the same time, which greatly helps in 1v1's.

I've also developed something I like to call the "bow technique". It's basically the fishing rod technique but with bows. Right before an incoming target is in range of me, I will shoot them with my bow, which briefly stuns the player allowing me to easily get 2 quick crit hits with my sword. Then it's gg.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I would say the best strat is probably strafing.. it just changes the game completely lol if you are against someone who is new and doesnt know how to deal with strafing you absolutely destroy them

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Could a mod move this to Tips and Strategies? Please and thank you. As for the actual thread, Cubes, we play together enough, you already know all the stuff I do.

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm pretty good at running, does that count? :p..

(Serious mode on :cool:) - Actually running is a technique as well. How you run determines your win. Would you run in tight spaces when you're low on hearts and do not have the confidence to overcome the terrain you're about to face? Running takes practice too. You need to let your finger's flow and double tap "W". If not, you'll be facing the thing everyone hates when getting chased. You guessed it, wobble sprint. Next, running into the forest is a big issue you'll be facing as well. Knowing where to run is one, and overcoming traps is another.

Never stumble across a dead end, you do not like it. Dead ends can sometimes be good and sometimes not. If you're good on hearts and you think you can take on the guy, turn around and bring him closer to the "wall"/"dead end". The other option is Flint and Steel. After leading your enermy to a dead end, please burn them (and run unless you wnt to fight back) or you're dead. The badthing about facing a dead end is what I call, wall hit.. Your opponent hit's you to a corner of a dead end and get a combo on you, that is bad.. What I do, I'll block hit to increase the chance of me surviving with at least half a heart.

Running into a good trap where you can activate is good too, but make sure you won't get trapped yourself. Also, when you're running don't forget about your hunger. Hunger is very important as it will last you during a run. If you're regaining health, it's good but once you're out of regaining hunger, good luck. I suggest eat when you need to no matter how hard your enermy hit's you. If you're at 5-6 hearts, eat something and continue running. More hunger is better than no hunger. Eat safe, a very important thing you should take note. Eat food that has the highest saturation for example porkchops, steak and golden carrots. This food is good because you don't have to eat again in another hour or so, therefore you can run in a onger distance without eating again and again.

RUNNING IS IMPORTANT!

Punchy_01

Experienced
Reaction score
A month ago i would have answered with bow and arrow. i was once at a stage where it would be hard to miss people and i too would be accused of aimbot hacking. however, i have had a recent patch where my 'snipe' skills are only well above the average of players. I hope i can one day get it back to be at the stage where i will be 'One of the best'

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I'm pretty good at running, does that count? :p..

(Serious mode on :cool:) - Actually running is a technique as well. How you run determines your win. Would you run in tight spaces when you're low on hearts and do not have the confidence to overcome the terrain you're about to face? Running takes practice too. You need to let your finger's flow and double tap "W". If not, you'll be facing the thing everyone hates when getting chased. You guessed it, wobble sprint. Next, running into the forest is a big issue you'll be facing as well. Knowing where to run is one, and overcoming traps is another.

Never stumble across a dead end, you do not like it. Dead ends can sometimes be good and sometimes not. If you're good on hearts and you think you can take on the guy, turn around and bring him closer to the "wall"/"dead end". The other option is Flint and Steel. After leading your enermy to a dead end, please burn them (and run unless you wnt to fight back) or you're dead. The badthing about facing a dead end is what I call, wall hit.. Your opponent hit's you to a corner of a dead end and get a combo on you, that is bad.. What I do, I'll block hit to increase the chance of me surviving with at least half a heart.

Running into a good trap where you can activate is good too, but make sure you won't get trapped yourself. Also, when you're running don't forget about your hunger. Hunger is very important as it will last you during a run. If you're regaining health, it's good but once you're out of regaining hunger, good luck. I suggest eat when you need to no matter how hard your enermy hit's you. If you're at 5-6 hearts, eat something and continue running. More hunger is better than no hunger. Eat safe, a very important thing you should take note. Eat food that has the highest saturation for example porkchops, steak and golden carrots. This food is good because you don't have to eat again in another hour or so, therefore you can run in a onger distance without eating again and again.

RUNNING IS IMPORTANT!
I call the messed up sprint "dubstep" sprinting. :D
Haha just think about that. I makes me think of the bass wobble of dubstep music when you run like that. Really funny actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci