• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Springfield SG [Download Link Now Available]

Would you like to see this map on MCGamer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
So I'd guess seeing as you were asked to tier it it's most likely going to be accepted. I really like how cartoony some of the builds look :)

Talonax

Tribute
Reaction score
Probably a little late but this map looks amazing for PvP because of the flat lands and the cartoony feel makes it stand out

XxM0lTen_LaVAxX

Survivor
Reaction score
-Dramatic Voice- And the contenders SG Haraku and SG Springfield battle it out in the QQ Maps! Only one map can be accepted though! Who do you think is going to win Johnny? It's tough to say but I think KitMencha has got this in the bag.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Map Review:

Since there is not a download link I am going to base this review off of what I can see in the screenshots, and what I observed in the commenting section.

First Impressions:
My first impressions of this map were not good to be honest. I saw a basically flat map with default trees and, to use a word that most people have been, "cartoonish" buildings. I thought the idea was cool, and that it would indeed be fun to play on, but at first glance this map didn't stand out to me as anything special.

Terraforming:
The two areas of terraforming I can see based on the screenshots (here & here) are actually not bad at all. There is obviously terrain variation in the areas we cannot see in the screenshots and around the map. Cities are flat, so not seeing terrain in most of the screenshots isn't a problem. My first impression was wrong because I believe the map's terraforming suits it well.

Grade: 7.5/10

Building:
This is the area where, unfortunately, my first impression still stands. The buildings are all very plain and "cartoonish". For instance, this building has blank quartz walls on the exterior. If there is a general rule of thumb for building it is that a wall (for the most part) should never be left blank. I know you were trying to copy the movie, but taking the builds to the next level while still keeping the layout seen in the movie would have done justice for this map. (More examples of blank walls: 1 - 2 - 3 )

I understand what you were trying to achieve here, but big derpy signs should never be implemented into professional builds, EVER.... xD I realize that in the movie there is a "moes" sign, but in this build it should have either been much smaller or left out all together. It would have been a good sacrifice to make for the aesthetics of your map.

Not all of the buildings were below average, actually I liked some of them a lot. This one appears to have been detailed well. Also, the parking garage looks very nice. I like how it is laid out and structured. Also the various vehicles (cars, helicopters, etc.) look very nice as well.

Oh yeah, add custom trees. ;)

Grade: 4/10

Gameplay:
I like to add a gameplay section into my reviews because it is a very important part of making a map. Obviously, we cannot know its true gameplay potential until we actually play it, but for now I can judge it off of what I see.

The only problems I see with the gameplay is the amount of bonemealed grass and the fairly large amount of trees. Natural obstacles are good and important with making a map, but it appears that every inch of grass has a large density of bonemealed flowers and weeds. Also, the trees appear to be everywhere the street is not. This may be quite annoying navigating through all those if you venture off of the main roads. These are the only two things I noticed, and they are not big problems whatsoever.

The good things about the gameplay are this map's strong points. It seems to be relatively flat, but has obstacles such as cars and terrain differences. At the same time, there doesn't appear to be too many obstacles. I feel like games played on this map will run smoothly and efficiently.

Grade: 8.5/10

S0... After review, the terraforming was better than I thought, the builds were still too plain for me, and the gameplay will be fun like I thought. A possible revamp could make this map become a huge success. We will see though. :)

Final Grade: 6.5/10

-SuperxAndrew

Last edited:

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I see what you've done here ;) you've created some thing that you've based of something, and you make it realistic as possible, however, when you do this, the builds become hard to detail, and you get stuck with making the builds "non-blocky"...but you wanna make it realistic! I am having the same problem with my map, which is why they struggle to get accepted despite the fact the theme is great. Sorry if this confuzzled you a bit

codzombies

Spectator
Reaction score
not enough block varition and it seems very half arsed and easy to make. there are no builds here that i couldn't recreate using Lego. as for teraforming, it needs more of it. also more bonemealing

Zarmax5

Career
Reaction score
Auto-Accept. This map is amazing, Simpsons good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci