• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sorry guys, my time to go

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As the title might suggest, I am resigning as a moderator.

Why? I'll give you a few reasons:

-First off, MCG has changed. It's grown bigger and bigger, and I believe that bigger isn't always better. It's difficult to manage and it just doesn't seem right to me. When I was hired as a moderator, MCG was a lot smaller and, I believe, more friendly. As it has grown, it has changed. The community is different, the staff is different, and this change is not very comfortable for me. Don't get me wrong - I love this community, but the way it is changing is not the way I want it to.

-Being a staff member really isn't much fun anymore. I know I've told you all I was going to pursue my goal of being a senior mod, but I've been a mod for more than half a year and it has gotten boring with the /kick and /ban. Back when I was hired, I had the time of my life being a mod, as I worked hard and helped out the community. Well, it feels like I've exhausted those fumes and I have nothing left.

-Finally, I'm not sure if you have noticed, but I have slowly been leaving the community. The last time I hopped on MCG was probably 3 or so weeks ago, and the only time I get on the forums these days is to check my alerts and inbox, and once in a while look at what's rolling around. In fact, I don't even remember when I handled my last report abuse.

It is of the deepest regret that I have to do this, but because I'm not doing anything I just can't be a part of the community. I have a lot of schoolwork, friends, and other things to manage in my life, which is a minor reason why I am also leaving. As I type this up, I am listening to one of my favorite songs, Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pts. VI-IX) from Pink Floyd. The last part of the song, part nine, is a funeral march. That's the kind of mood I'm in while I type this. I don't want to leave, but if I don't, I'm like a statue that serves no purpose (sorry for the cheesy simile). With that, I am signing off. Before I go, I want to thank some of my best friends that I have meet on here:

Happyhose - If it wasn't for you, I would have never became mod when you told me the age limit was lowered to 14. Thanks for beginning my journey :)

Cubes - Cubes, my favorite Sr. Mod. You are one of my best friends on here, and I will always cherish your humor and your personality. Don't let anyone or anything take that away from you.

duckluv321 - You were the one who helped me get my mod position and answered any questions I had. I'm not sure if you're still active (I'm too lazy to check), but if you are, I want to thank you for what you've done. You're a great duck and a helpful person at the same time.

Pixelatorx2 - Probably one of my best friends on MCG. We've built maps, played, and just hung out together, and I will never forget those times. Thanks for being with me when we have worked together, and I wish you the best of luck in becoming a mod.

Forairan - You were the one who inspired me to code Java, which I will never forget. You are a fantastic computer geek, making these servers fun. Keep up the good work!

ChadTheDJ - If it wasn't for you, I would not have experienced the privilege of being a moderator, which has always been one of my biggest goals on here. Thanks for all your hard work in making these servers possible.

KRaidium - Along with duckluv, you helped me with any questions I had and you helped me achieve the moderator rank I was going for. You've deserved Sr. Mod for a long time, and when the dark red name was assigned to you, I was proud. Keep it up and you'll get admin one day!

krackan - Ah, I can't forget the person who lead my mod interview!

I have so many others to thank, but I can't list them all here, unless you want to read a terabyte of information!

In case you're wondering, I will probably still be in the community, just, you know, hanging out. I won't be on much, however, as I have school and friends to deal with. Who knows? There's a better than likely chance that I may reapply one day. However, until then, I will miss you all. Thanks for the experience of letting me be a moderator.

Love you all! (Not in a creepy way ;) )

-Spice

LaxTerrier

Survivor
Reaction score
You were a great builder and an even better mod. Hope we can still build together sometimes :)

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Sad to see another good mod go. I'm more than happy that I was able to help you along with the path to moderator, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors :)

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We've never really talked but I've seen you on the forums a lot.
It's really sad that you're leaving :( Thanks for helping out MCSG.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Spice, you honestly were up there on my list too, I really hoped you could stick it out the last couple weeks before I had my interview, I would really have liked to moderate with you. :c

DK

Platinum
Reaction score
Yet another resignition, well Sad to see you go :/

P.S you did one of my report abuse's on November 9th, 2013 ;)

chrisoca24

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't really know you as an individual, but I remember seeing you in a lobby (in the good o'l days) and saying "i luv ur name"

I wish you luck in your future endeavors :)

~chrisoca24 (Christopher)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci