• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Something needs to be done!

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see your point.

Getting full iron is not that hard, if it was, there wouldnt ALWAYS be at least one or two players with fill iron on deathmatch, but the problem is, there is.

I wouldnt mind them lowering how regularly iron armor is found on chests, and maybe at the same time raising the ammount of iron ingots, if you have to craft it, then that adds up a new challenge.
What I suggest is sort of what they did with diamond back in Beta MCSG. For those who dont know, it was actually possible to find both diamond swords and armor (If I rembember correctly) on chests, and then they changed it so you could only find the material. Im not saying they do exactly the same for iron, that would be unbalanced, but I DO think it wouldnt be bad to make actual iron armour much more rare and as compensation making iron ingots more common. When you think about it, armor crafting is almost never required in SG.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see your point.

Getting full iron is not that hard, if it was, there wouldnt ALWAYS be at least one or two players with fill iron on deathmatch, but the problem is, there is.

I wouldnt mind them lowering how regularly iron armor is found on chests, and maybe at the same time raising the ammount of iron ingots, if you have to craft it, then that adds up a new challenge.
What I suggest is sort of what they did with diamond back in Beta MCSG. For those who dont know, it was actually possible to find both diamond swords and armor (If I rembember correctly) on chests, and then they changed it so you could only find the material. Im not saying they do exactly the same for iron, that would be unbalanced, but I DO think it wouldnt be bad to make actual iron armour much more rare and as compensation making iron ingots more common. When you think about it, armor crafting is almost never required in SG.
I like the idea of crafting armor, only thing is that iron swords would increase dramatically, which I don't want. Also diamond armor/swords in chests, naa but just nerf everything and add like useless items like leather, bone, string, etc.

BlueSyled

Diamond
Reaction score
So there is a chane of getting full iron in one chest..... So wassup with that, The Mcgamer server's didnt became populair cause nobody liked them.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
So there is a chane of getting full iron in one chest..... So wassup with that, The Mcgamer server's didnt became populair cause nobody liked them.
Not too sure what you mean by this, but yes you can get full iron in one chest.

I think you are saying that if it was bad, no-one would be here, I'm not saying it's bad, but it's too simple and easy to get #stakdtothemax

BlueSyled

Diamond
Reaction score
Not too sure what you mean by this, but yes you can get full iron in one chest.

I think you are saying that if it was bad, no-one would be here, I'm not saying it's bad, but it's too simple and easy to get #stakdtothemax
I dont feel like what you are saying is a problem, on the mcgamer server's :)

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I dont feel like what you are saying is a problem, on the mcgamer server's :)
I agree, it's not a problem, but it would make the games more interesting, if you would have to work for your full iron armor! x)

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think gold armour should be added as a rare item in tier 1s and removed from tier 2s. There should be a maximum of two armour pieces in tier 2s, one (maximum) of which can be iron. This, I believe, would make luck less of a factor and reward players with better map knowledge, as a player taking a 10 tier 2 route would be almost guaranteed to get more stacked than a player taking a 2 tier 2 route. It would also make it harder to get full iron, as well as being friendly to new players who wouldn't be entirely hopeless in full leather so would be able to survive longer, gain some map knowledge and eventually develop their own routes.

And for those who don't know, gold boots, helmets and chestplates give less protection than their chain counterparts- this is because there are smaller increments of protection not shown in the GUI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyz

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
As much as routes help, they can never be sure they will make you stacked. I've actually been getting frustrated because in most games I find nothing but boots and helmets in tier two's.

The best way to get stacked is to kill people. It just makes sense that the person with the most kills will be stacked. If you're having trouble with stacked people, play it smart. Intellect is more powerful than sheer barbarism. The more confident the person is, the more vulnerable they are.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would love to see a new version of V3 come out. I know we've tried V3 before and it failed, but I think it might be time to change it up again, especially because that would make the game fresher and more exciting for people that are getting bored. I am in a bit of a rush now but later I might make a thread for it. A few suggestions off the top of my head:

-As is the point of this thread, make iron armour less common.
-As jonnysurvives said, make gold armour a rare item in tier 1s so that winning the game doesn't completely depend on how many tier 2's you got.
-Make arrows less common, so that instead of everyone constantly effectively having infinity on their bows, you actually have to think about when to use your arrows and when not to.
-Lower the number of different types of food in chests. E.g. is having cookies, raw fish, and melons necessary since they are all pretty similar?

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would love to see a new version of V3 come out. I know we've tried V3 before and it failed, but I think it might be time to change it up again, especially because that would make the game fresher and more exciting for people that are getting bored. I am in a bit of a rush now but later I might make a thread for it. A few suggestions off the top of my head:

-As is the point of this thread, make iron armour less common.
-As jonnysurvives said, make gold armour a rare item in tier 1s so that winning the game doesn't completely depend on how many tier 2's you got.
-Make arrows less common, so that instead of everyone constantly effectively having infinity on their bows, you actually have to think about when to use your arrows and when not to.
-Lower the number of different types of food in chests. E.g. is having cookies, raw fish, and melons necessary since they are all pretty similar?
Agreed, should be 3 arrows instead of 5 imo. It's dumb how you can get enough arrows to kill an unarmoured player in a single chest.

o and what do you think about my armour thing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci