• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

So what's going on?

N

Nikola

As much as I'd love to see 2013 days back they are gone now. All the memories I had back then.. oh my.

I still enjoy playing on MCSG but if I had an option to bring back the old days I would tbh all the friends I had back then when we used to play for fun, do FFA's and Clanwars oh my. The nostalgia hits me right in the feels.

Nothing much has changed except the devs have added the MCSG Maker which I'm pretty sure you're aware of. Also the quantum rank is quite cheap now :D

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm going to be brutally honest. Nothing is going to bring back those days.

MCSG has been far too slow and far too reliant on their single good gamemode to ever return to the prominence it once had.

The game itself has evolved. Cheaters are no longer 12 year olds using forcefield and flyhacks ( though they still exist) - players, high up on this server's leaderboards, use ghostclients with more advanced, less detectable hacks. To combat something like that, you need an anticheat far stronger than what MCSG will develop. I'm sure it will ban the obvious hackers, but it won't deal with the ghostclienters. For that you have to have been like Badlion, developing a powerful anticheat before hack developers had even begun to think about bypassing something like that. MCSG needed to get out ahead of it. It didn't.

But it's not like the hacker issue is all of it. SG, as a gamemode, is dying. UHC, Skywars, and Pot PvP are in right now, and the current YouTube community reflects that. Youtubers who once relied on SG for all their videos are including more and more UHC and Skywars in their videos.

Then, of course, there's the community, once so small and peaceful. I remember going on AU and talking with the #1 player at the time, Elisha_Mutang, and teaming with him for a game. Everyone knew everyone, and things were nice.

Now I find a minimum of two teams a game, half the people are toxic, and targeting happens a lot.

Then there's the issue with glitches never getting fixed and the slow response of the dev team to, well, basically everything. A buggy, glitchy server used to cut it in the Minecraft serverscape, but other servers (Badlion, Kohi, and others) have raised the bar. MCSG slipped under it.

And that doesn't even begin to mention all the mistakes along the way. MCSG completely ignored their community by updating to 1.8, assuming all players were upset about nothing and that it would all boil over. It lost over half its playerbase and hasn't recovered. Don't even get me started on Solo SG, Battlegrounds, or "UHC Worlds".

Minecraft PvP has moved on. MCSG failed to keep up. Its time has passed.
You do realize that badlions anticheat isn't the best, their are still more clients out their that still bypass on the server. So you can't really say they got a good anticheat when they only ban a couple of hacks. Also I know that we possibly can't bring the old days but their is a chance that we can trigger the old US players to possibly come back. Also the old clans to come back as well, you never know we have a chance at it.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm going to be brutally honest. Nothing is going to bring back those days.

MCSG has been far too slow and far too reliant on their single good gamemode to ever return to the prominence it once had.

The game itself has evolved. Cheaters are no longer 12 year olds using forcefield and flyhacks ( though they still exist) - players, high up on this server's leaderboards, use ghostclients with more advanced, less detectable hacks. To combat something like that, you need an anticheat far stronger than what MCSG will develop. I'm sure it will ban the obvious hackers, but it won't deal with the ghostclienters. For that you have to have been like Badlion, developing a powerful anticheat before hack developers had even begun to think about bypassing something like that. MCSG needed to get out ahead of it. It didn't.

But it's not like the hacker issue is all of it. SG, as a gamemode, is dying. UHC, Skywars, and Pot PvP are in right now, and the current YouTube community reflects that. Youtubers who once relied on SG for all their videos are including more and more UHC and Skywars in their videos.

Then, of course, there's the community, once so small and peaceful. I remember going on AU and talking with the #1 player at the time, Elisha_Mutang, and teaming with him for a game. Everyone knew everyone, and things were nice.

Now I find a minimum of two teams a game, half the people are toxic, and targeting happens a lot.

Then there's the issue with glitches never getting fixed and the slow response of the dev team to, well, basically everything. A buggy, glitchy server used to cut it in the Minecraft serverscape, but other servers (Badlion, Kohi, and others) have raised the bar. MCSG slipped under it.

And that doesn't even begin to mention all the mistakes along the way. MCSG completely ignored their community by updating to 1.8, assuming all players were upset about nothing and that it would all boil over. It lost over half its playerbase and hasn't recovered. Don't even get me started on Solo SG, Battlegrounds, or "UHC Worlds".

Minecraft PvP has moved on. MCSG failed to keep up. Its time has passed.
It was always going to pass at some point. Changing and updating too much would drive old players away because it's not what they were used to, and never doing either just leads to other groups of people growing bored. I don't think there's any sort of tragedy or shame in it, it happens to pretty much every game, heck, everything. Eventually people just lose interest. The memories were good, but for most of us it's time to make some new ones.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
I think I remember you (Probably not me lol). Yeah, MCSG is pretty much dying, but a lot of people still play. There's really just a lot less hype then there was a few years ago. Once people stop caring about wins/ratios, my prediction is that MCSG will be officially dead.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCSG: passed up by other servers with more gamemodes that succeeded
SG: passed up by other gamemodes that are fresh and new, not 3-4 years old
MCSG Devs; passed up by other developers who made better plugins
MCSG Players; passed up by more competive players who put winning over having fun

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
You do realize that badlions anticheat isn't the best, their are still more clients out their that still bypass on the server. So you can't really say they got a good anticheat when they only ban a couple of hacks. Also I know that we possibly can't bring the old days but their is a chance that we can trigger the old US players to possibly come back. Also the old clans to come back as well, you never know we have a chance at it.
Name an anticheat that's better. There are lots of clients it doesn't detect but it detects more than any other.

Salamancer101 I would say that the declined of MCSG is down to poor administrative decisions. Too many false promises have been made to the clan community- MCSG Maker, while great, should have happened years ago as promised. Hacks in minecraft have become increasingly sophisticated and in many cases impossible to ascertain without anticheat checks, and in other cases not at all possible to detect. This has happened because developers have stumbled across the worryingly big market of sleazy fuccbois willing to pay considerable amounts of money for a client to cheat with and fool people into thinking they're good at a video game. The fact of the matter is that MCSG hasn't done anywhere near enough to keep up. You can autoclick all you like (as many do) on MCSG and you will never be caught. The possibility of each and every opponent on the server cheating breeds toxicity between the players and has ultimately resulted in lots of players getting fed up and leaving.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Name an anticheat that's better. There are lots of clients it doesn't detect but it detects more than any other.

Salamancer101 I would say that the declined of MCSG is down to poor administrative decisions. Too many false promises have been made to the clan community- MCSG Maker, while great, should have happened years ago as promised. Hacks in minecraft have become increasingly sophisticated and in many cases impossible to ascertain without anticheat checks, and in other cases not at all possible to detect. This has happened because developers have stumbled across the worryingly big market of sleazy fuccbois willing to pay considerable amounts of money for a client to cheat with and fool people into thinking they're good at a video game. The fact of the matter is that MCSG hasn't done anywhere near enough to keep up. You can autoclick all you like (as many do) on MCSG and you will never be caught. The possibility of each and every opponent on the server cheating breeds toxicity between the players and has ultimately resulted in lots of players getting fed up and leaving.
There's no perfect anitcheat my dood.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
You do realize that badlions anticheat isn't the best, their are still more clients out their that still bypass on the server. So you can't really say they got a good anticheat when they only ban a couple of hacks.
Blatantly false. It's easily the best. It's not perfect, but it's better than literally anything else and Badlion staff actually bans those who bypass it. It also has a bunch of additional checks that haven't been activated yet to conserve CPU power.
There's no perfect anitcheat my dood.
This is true, the only perfect anticheat would have to be client sided. Oh wait, Badlion's making that too.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Blatantly false. It's easily the best. It's not perfect, but it's better than literally anything else and Badlion staff actually bans those who bypass it. It also has a bunch of additional checks that haven't been activated yet to conserve CPU power.

This is true, the only perfect anticheat would have to be client sided. Oh wait, Badlion's making that too.
Badlion has enough money to make a anticheat but not enough money to stop the ddos attacks they get everyday and all the connection issues they have with west servers. At least whenever Mojang servers go down, MCSG is always up because of our amazing developers :)

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Badlion has enough money to make a anticheat but not enough money to stop the ddos attacks they get everyday and all the connection issues they have with west servers.
MCSG doesn't get hit with 100 Gbps attacks on the daily; ddosers tend to target the more successful server ;)

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG doesn't get hit with 100 Gbps attacks on the daily; ddosers tend to target the more successful server ;)
MCSG is the only server up when someone takes down the whole minecraft servers ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci