• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

so here's a question

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Before I state anything else, I must bring up this:
Which admin are you talking specifically talking about?
Well I actually did bring up dave *sorry for grammar*
Lucidictive said:
so update:
heard other admin already in a clan.

pls explain why he gets an advantage over other clans.

thanks.
And this is a general statement, but you have to know it's about you.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
one guy doesnt get npc, big deal >.>
Uhh, it's a little more than just a big deal. It could mean the entire difference between a clan battle. It's an unfair advantage that only very few people have...if we allow this, why not allow hacking? They're both very unfair advantages that determine the outcome of any MCSG game.

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
I noticed 6o is no longer under the Blamph's roster.... o_O

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Uhh, it's a little more than just a big deal. It could mean the entire difference between a clan battle. It's an unfair advantage that only very few people have...if we allow this, why not allow hacking? They're both very unfair advantages that determine the outcome of any MCSG game.
Hacking and having no NPC are NOWHERE close to being the same.... at all. I dont even know why you made that analogy.

So are you saying that any admin cant play MCSG or participate in clan battles? I honestly dont know why this is such a big fuss. ONE admin is good at pvp..

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Hacking and having no NPC are NOWHERE close to being the same.... at all. I dont even know why you made that analogy.

So are you saying that any admin cant play MCSG or participate in clan battles? I honestly dont know why this is such a big fuss. ONE admin is good at pvp..
Having a client without NCP is similar to a client with reach hacks due to the fact that NCP restricts the range in which you can hit players. So yes, this is a comparable representation to hacking.

What I think you don't realize here is that EVERY advantage, no matter how big or small affects the outcome of a clan battle, and that is why this is an issue among clans.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Having a client without NCP is similar to a client with reach hacks due to the fact that NCP restricts the range in which you can hit players. So yes, this is a comparable representation to hacking.

What I think you don't realize here is that EVERY advantage, no matter how big or small affects the outcome of a clan battle, and that is why this is an issue among clans.
Then for the time being, leave it. As of now, chad has said they are looking into Clan Battle servers, so I suggest you propose the idea to him about having NPC on all players. But for now, just deal with it.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, here's my opinions then, as Six wanted other senior staff's. I'll try to comment on everyone's views, so this may be a bit of a lengthy post.

First off, I would like to address the common misconception that NCP negatively effects all players to the point where it results in their PvP and gameplay. This is false, and I can tell you this as a fact because I am the one who is alerted with all the NCP errors in a game. The amount of alerts I am given per game is around 3-5. In around 20 minutes, and this is most likely a result of someone jumping off a block weird or clicking very fast. The only time that it can really bother you is if you are lagging, it tends to go a bit crazy then when it thinks you are flying from one block to another. In that case though, I hardly think you could even land a hit, so I doubt that it's that much of an issue in that case. Either that, or you are actually hacking. In which case NCP goes absolutely crazy, and tells us all about it.

On this logic, with my lack of NCP, I should be some sort of PvP god. Of which I am not, I just suck at it. Six is just good at it, and the way I see it, this is such a minimal advantage that I am not sure why there is a whole thread dedicated to it.

As to the reason admins are exempt from NCP, it's so we can hack so we can see the NCP error alerts when hunting for hackers. As far as I know, the only way you can see the errors is if you are exempt from them yourself or something like, I'm not too familiar with the plugin side. It's not as simple as taking no-NCP off us, as far as I know. Besides, as stated, I don't see the point in bothering.

Although your point is valid, I just don't see the point in making such a huge fuss over it. There are what, 12 people in the entire community who can do this? I do see your point with clan battles, but is the fact that one user may not be lagged back or might be able to click slightly faster any more of a significant advantage than what is given with a 2xGTX Titan gaming computer, or someone using the Mac sprint glitch? In my view, this is little more than that. We are Opped, so if we wanted to we could go into creative and never be hit, spawn in whatever we wanted, spawn ender dragons or anything.

Although there is the possibility of changing an admin's rank to senior mod every clan battle, that is too much of a hassle at the moment. Only developers can change ranks, at even as we speak there are mods who have been waiting days for their in game rank to be changed, etc. So it's hardly the easiest and most reliable option.

As Kezzer said, I do believe you are making a bit too much of a fuss over it. As I said above, the actual amount of times people get disadvantaged due to NPC is less than people are making it out to be. I'm often in TS with players who say "Uhhh I just got NCPed" while they didn't, as I get no record of it. I'm not saying it's not there, I'm just saying it's not so much of an issue people make it out to be. I have played as a player, mod, senior mod and admin, and I have felt no difference in gameplay. And with my internet as it was a few months ago, I used to get NCPed 6-7 times a game.

The above points are mine, and don't reflect the views of the other senior staff. Bare in mind that I'm not a particularly competitive player, and these are just my observations on the matter. But from what I can see, if it is that much of an issue, why have players not brought it up before now? It does not just have "advantages" in clan battles, but on all matches. And it has done so for 1 1/2 years.

As one of the 12 players that NCP does not effect, I say the majority of these points are over-exaggerated and not really worth worrying about.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for taking the time to express your opinions on the matter. It was very informational :)
And while this issue is being blown out of proportion, it still can and does affect PvP.

First of all: Those 3-5 times when you see an NCP alert. They're rare, and the few times that someone might incur one is slim, so let's assume that the Administrator wouldn't have to deal with that if they were temporarily prone to NCP.

Second: Reach. Basically, people immune to NCP have a slight advantage over people who aren't immune to it, in terms of how far they can reach. That may not seem like much of an issue in regular combat, but think about MCSG Maps - Water. As most of us know, a very useful and valid technique is to get below the opponent and hit them from below, as you're able to get to a point that they cannot reach you, but you can reach them. The difference is about 1 block - assuming the "person" is hitting from the middle of the top block on them, then the difference is one block. Even if this was from somewhere else in the top block (Which it is) it would still be a difference of one block. However, if the person with NCP was the one above, the difference would be shortened to approximately half a block, and with lag and general in-game inaccuracies on the attacker's part, that could very well be shortened to 0 blocks, or nearly so. (I speak from experience, as it's possible to cancel out the water trick.)
Also, if someone were, say, attacking someone lower than them, the opponent might think they were safe, but really they can still be hit. If you're chasing someone, you'll be able to hit them, but if you had your roles exactly switched, they wouldn't be able to hit you. Ever been in a situation where you're chasing someone, and you're spam-clicking hoping to hit them when they make a mis-turn or slow down unexpectedly, and then you see particles fly, but instead of them being hit, you slow down? The reason you slowed down is becaus your Vanilla client said "You hit them, time to stop sprinting," just like when you're hitting a pig for pork and stop sprinting. However, the reason they didn't take damage is because NCP stopped you from hitting them. That means they were in that small portion of range that NCP cancels out. However, an Administrator would never have that happen to them.

I understand that the reason Admins are immune to it are so that they can hack see who's being affected by NCP, and I agree with the administration parts of what you said, such as it not being worth the Dev's time, but in a clan battle, Sixzo (Or any other Admins taking part) are going to be facing people who are as good, nearly as good, or possibly even better than themselves. (Although I hear Sixzo is phenomenal, even though I've never faced him myself.)
Also, is it possible that there are some minor NCP messages that aren't broadcasted to Admins? For something that's really small, like.. uh.. idk, clicking too fast?

Well, I gotta stop writing now.. :c (Mom is giving me death-stare while she's on the phone) but hopefully you'll read through my post and try to understand where we're coming from, as players that are subjected to NCP and have to deal with it on a regular basis.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
The name of this thread is "So here's a question"

So here's an answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci