• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

so here's a question

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
So I recently heard a senior mod may be getting Administrator.
Senior mod is in a clan.

Question: Will this senior mod, if promoted to Admin, not be allowed in clans?

Why I'm asking this: Admins don't get nocheatplus. Enough said.

edit: usually don't do this on public forums but since I'm banned from the place I used to privately talk with mods and stuff, this is the only place it fits c:.

Edit #2: Notable Arguments:

NCP is what lags people back, decreases their range, etc.
Ever been in a clan battle, and then you're being chased by like 3 people, and then you lag back and die? Yeah, that's NCP. Admins would be immune to that. NCP also decreases a player's range by about one block sometimes, (To prevent reach hacking etc.) but Admins would still have that one block of range that no one else has.

So here's my suggestion:
When an Administrator (Or anyone immune to NCP) is in a Clan Battle, (Or other competition, etc.) they are temporarily moved to the rank of Senior Moderator. They would still be able to watch over MCSG, but would be affected by NCP just like anyone else. I believe this was done during one of the Hell Games? After the clan battle, they would be re-instated. Keep in mind that the demotion would be temporary and would only last until the clan battle was over, and wouldn't even really be a "Demotion" just a temporary change in 'permissions'.
For anyone wondering what no NCP does to you-

Well, honestly, you just don't get NCP. Those bothersome times when you can't make hits because of no-cheat, or other minor, yet impactivpng PVP moves are restricted, or limited by NCP- you wouldn't have if you did not have NCP enabled on your client- i.e administrators.

Now, my opinion.

Too be honest, I don't even see the point of admins having no no-cheat in the first place. Now- I'm just a player, and I obviously do not know everything. This is simply an assumption that no no-cheat serves no external or internal purpose for the admins, besides never having any bothersome NCP glitches, or restraints. If someone knows better, I'd be happy to hear why :)

Anyway, carrying on. I don't currently see the issue without having it, so maybe (if it was fairly simple to do, of course) administrators participating in a Clan Battle could temporarily remove, or have their "no-NCP" disabled so the gameplay is fair for other participants.

Something else to add is that yes, as far as I know, NCP happens randomly when the plugin believes you are doing something you shouldn't be able to do, i.e hitting too fast, etc. I will not deny any credit to the developers- MCSG's NCP plugin is great- but, with almost any plugins, it's not totally perfect, hence, the bothersome little restraints.

This could be viewed as a very small ordeal, but one hit blocked by NCP can be life-or-death in a clan battle.

Imagine drawing marbles from a bag. There are 100 marbles in the bag, and 98 of them are blue. Just two are black. Letting the black marbles represent NCP restraints- imagine someone with no-NCP drawing a marble from the bag. Because they have no-NCP it is impossible for them to draw an NCP restraint, but everyone else still has that chance.

It can make a difference, and it might be best to try and avoid the problems that might occur if it did :p

Personally I think people are fussing about this too much. NCP doesnt really do much anymore as they turned the sensitivity for NCP down a lot but it's still there. Unless you are hacking NCP doesn't really do anything anymore. I never experience the NCP issues a lot of people moan about so just think about that.

edit: Also if I remember correctly as admins are set to see NCP warnings about potential hackers this is what makes them NCP immune
Actually, I'll tell you the main difference between NCP and Vanilla PvP.

NCP decreases the range you can hit somebody. This is a 'anti-forcefield' (educated guess, I'm looking at the source but I'm no engineer) protection method. Now, regular minecraft PvP has a hit range of about 3.5-4 blocks. NCP decreases that to about 2.75-3. Now this may not seem like a big deal, but it actually does matter. You may not realize it until you actually find a server with no NCP as most do have a cheat protection method, including, but not limited to, anticheat and NoCheat/NoCheatPlus.

As a PvPer who has studied like a g33ke, I can tell you that PvP does not feel the same without NCP.

G33ke and SixZoSeven I would like your opinions on this matter, as I highly value them. :)
There's also the speed in which a person without NPC can hit others, giving the person an even more massive advantage.
As well as all these other points, here's another one.

With 1.7 sprint, NCP is a bit buggy. It has a chance to freeze you in place until you readjust your sprint and stop moving for a bit.

So let's say in a clan battle, you have four people chasing you and this happens to you. You're dead. That's it.

Let's say you're an Admin+ though.. you have four people chasing you and it CAN'T happen to you.

Obviously, it's a bug and may get fixed in the future, but as of now it is providing an excellent example of an advantage from No NCP.

Last edited:

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
so update:

heard other admin already in a clan.

pls explain why he gets an advantage over other clans.

thanks.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
He shouldn't be allowed in clans but he's gonna be in his clan. It's not fair and it gives him an unfair advantage just like hacking does.

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I still don't see why it matters if he's in a clan or not. If the advantage is as bad as you are trying to make it out to be, why aren't you complaining how they don't get NCP in general? It's not that big of a deal.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I still don't see why it matters if he's in a clan or not. If the advantage is as bad as you are trying to make it out to be, why aren't you complaining how they don't get NCP in general? It's not that big of a deal.
It's a big deal to people in clans if they are in clan battles because clan battles are about competition.

And I don't mind much about an Admin having NCP unless he's participating in clan battles.

So possibly, my question could be: Should admins be allowed to participate in clan battles?

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's a big deal to people in clans if they are in clan battles because clan battles are about competition.

And I don't mind much about an Admin having NCP unless he's participating in clan battles.

So possibly, my question could be: Should admins be allowed to participate in clan battles?
The game itself is also about competition, but I see how people see clan battles to be more important.

And to answer your question, I believe they should be allowed. They shouldn't be restricted from something that has become so large in our community just because they're Admins

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

No.

Why do admins not have NPC anyway?
They're trusted enough to not hack.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
The game itself is also about competition, but I see how people see clan battles to be more important.

And to answer your question, I believe they should be allowed. They shouldn't be restricted from something that has become so large in our community just because they're Admins
So take the No NCP off then. It's simple, I know there's a reason behind it but it irritates me. If every clan had an Admin with no NCP it'd be different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci