• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

so here's a question

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
a beautiful argument which I agree with.
I agree with mostly everything said, however, since I am a competitive player, I don't think it's a big fuss over nothing.

An easy solution: Don't let Administrators in clans.

As to the reason admins are exempt from NCP, it's so we can hack so we can see the NCP error alerts when hunting for hackers. As far as I know, the only way you can see the errors is if you are exempt from them yourself or something like, I'm not too familiar with the plugin side. It's not as simple as taking no-NCP off us, as far as I know. Besides, as stated, I don't see the point in bothering.
Hmm, but mods can see the errors but they aren't exempt from NCP o.o

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Can they see all of them, though?
Also what about when a mod records a video? I've never seen an NCP message on their screen when they're recording, such as ThatOneTomahawk back when he was a Mod.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with mostly everything said, however, since I am a competitive player, I don't think it's a big fuss over nothing.

An easy solution: Don't let Administrators in clans.

I can see your point, but I don't want, nor do the other admins, to not be allowed in clans. Considering the things we do, I think we are surely allowed some privileges. (would write more, but I'm on my phone :/)

And regarding the second part, mods don't get NCP alerts. Which is why NCP still works on them. ;P

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, to begin with.

As Le0 said, Administrators already do enough —or more than enough — to not get the privilege of not being able to apply in clans.

Heres my proposal: How about if developers configure per say a new rank. A rank were Admins are able to change from Admin and Sr.moderator by themselves without the need of a developer? For this to work Admins would need to have a special Sr.moderator rank and Admin rank for other Sr.moderator not go get use of this command. It would be sort of the old /d command, but with the in-game permissions changed, of course, temporarily.

With that proposal, I think clan battles would be fair, and people won't make a fuzz anymore.
Any thumps up?

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, to begin with.

As Le0 said, Administrators already do enough —or more than enough — to not get the privilege of not being able to apply in clans.

Heres my proposal: How about if developers configure per say a new rank. A rank were Admins are able to change from Admin and Sr.moderator by themselves without the need of a developer? For this to work Admins would need to have a special Sr.moderator rank and Admin rank for other Sr.moderator not go get use of this command. It would be sort of the old /d command, but with the in-game permissions changed, of course, temporarily.

With that proposal, I think clan battles would be fair, and people won't make a fuzz anymore.
Any thumps up?
This seems a bit complicated to develop for just a couple admin. positions. Thumbs up though! ^.^

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
This seems a bit complicated to develop for just a couple admin. positions. Thumbs up though! ^.^
its indeed difficult, but if I'm correct, developers can change their rank whenever they want, if theres enough trust on Admins to not get NCP, then add the permissions too?

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I can see your point, but I don't want, nor do the other admins, to not be allowed in clans. Considering the things we do, I think we are surely allowed some privileges. (would write more, but I'm on my phone :/)

And regarding the second part, mods don't get NCP alerts. Which is why NCP still works on them. ;P
Ah, for the second part I was thinking of another server.. ah I see.

I still don't think it's a good idea to let them have an advantage, even though it seems small.

However, I still don't see why they should be allowed in clans.

Let's think of this from not a PvP perspective, but from a different one.
Let's say that you (le0) are in a clan (let's call it The Clan). Now The Clan has some members and you're one of them. Your leader, who you respect very much, has been banned for typing 'bunnies you' in chat towards another clan. Now I'm not saying that you are unprofessional, but as an admin you do have certain powers, and you may decide to unban him because he's the leader of your clan and you need him for a clan battle in an hour.
I'm not saying that you would, but it could happen. I'm not trying to say any admin would, but you have to keep this in the mind if you're thinking of the business model.

I like Fox's idea aswell, and it's not very hard to code (pretty sure I could do it myself, they would only need to work it into their mainframe). However, it's a complicated idea and pretty much destroys the idea of Admins seeing these messages.

Another idea: Rework the NCP plugin so that they can see the messages while not being immune to the NCP. With coding, anything is possible! Forairan ;)

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
In regards to the post above, that is the very reason why it took 1 year for staff to be in clans. That may also happen with mods, where the turn a blind eye to fellow clan members hence our somewhat harsh rules enforcing that. As an admin however, if that happens you can report them like any other staff member. It comes do to trust, and if you can't trust admins that literally run the community, well....

I'm not saying we are saints, but you have to understand that most of us at some point have already had to ban close friends. We know what the job is and what is expected, we wouldn't be here if we didn't.

I also like Fox's idea, it (hopefully) pleases both parties and would perhaps not be too hard to code. Though it wouldn't exactly be a dev priority.

As for the last part, I'm not sure its possible (we've had this discussion in the senior staff), and it is also a handy feature to have for testing etc.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Mhm, they should not have to leave the clan, rather than have NCP affect everyone, but I'm sure Leo explains that it is already.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
Why not just a /togglencp or /tncp command which turns the restriction of No-Cheat Plus on or off? Easier for testing and experimenting, and fairer and quicker to use when playing a match.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci