• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Share your favorite map!

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys! It's Smooth again and I am back with another 'favorite' themed thread. Basically, as the title explains, tell me what your favorite map is and for what reasons. If you cannot decide on one, feel free to leave as many as you need to prove your point!

Let's kick this thread off with my favorite map and why I chose it. So, my favorite map is SG2 (Survival Games 2) and the reason for this is because of the amazing builds, Survival Games feel, and the fact that is truly one of the most popular maps of all time.

Let me break this down. If you've seen better builds incorporated into a Survival Games map without causing lag let me know because I haven't. These skyscrapers are HUGE and produce little to no lag. Now, the next reason is one of the most important. I do know for a fact that no one really cares about the 'Survival Aspect' of the servers anymore - I understand that - but to me I can never get over how much this map adds to that feeling. Whether it be scavenging for food or hiding in trees to surprise your enemy there is always a way to make it feel that you are still in the Survival Games and not the PVP Games. Lastly, this was a very popular map back in the V1 times. Nowadays it is rarely played (thank heavens for the raffle voting system) because of the "This map isn't voted for, must be terrible" mindset that people tend to have.

Many of you guys may think that it is really stupid to choose this underplayed map while we have maps like Valleyside University, Holiday Resort, or SG4 (all honorable mentions, by the way) but if you give it the chance to to be played you will not regret it, trust me.

I'm going to link a picture for any of the new players that don't know it (and also from the sheer beauty of the map!)

A

AlphaAussie

Survival Games 1
It's just one of those awesome classic maps to play on like sg 2 and not overplayed either
There's so many secrets, puzzles and stuff you can do and it also has that overall hunger games feel to it for me :3
Thats probably my favourite with demons breeze coming in at a close second for me

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Valleyside University and Holiday Resort, because I actually know where to go on those maps.
Aesthetically, SG2 has my vote.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Moonbase 9 due to the fact that I have a 'OP' chest route. 8 tier twos. Other than that, Probably the original map, sg1. It is just so significant and apart from the long-games, is a great map.

Jam0919

Platinum
Reaction score
Fallen Empire v.2
I used to despise this map until one day TenaciousPony and I played it (probably the most fun game I have ever participated in). It is just amazing for PvP and unlike most overplayed maps you can get a chance rather than just being killed straight away.

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Probbalby Alaskian Village, Fortress Pyke and SG2. I like maps like Valleyside and Holiday, but they are a bit too overplayed.

Zimlar

Platinum
Reaction score
I know is a new map but... ALASKAN VILLAGE! I think this is such a great map, a lot of tiers twos and nice structures :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci