• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Share the story of your first Survival Games win

eljimbobo

Spectator
Reaction score
I'll start off with my own:

This was probably my fifth game ever and my first with 48 players. We were on Map 2 and I'd been here once before with a friend i met playing the game. This time I went solo.

The countdown begins and I decided I would try and rush in to the Cornucopia for a few quick items and then escape in the following chaos. I ran to the closest bush as fast as I could, but I was too late. I decided I didn't want to commit, so I ran off towards the forest instead.

I quit sprinting and immediately lost half a heart. I turned around and saw someone in an Ironman skin running behind me. I gave him a good chase through the forest and eventually lost him in the ruined houses. He didn't have any items either, but the half-heart lead he had on me meant he'd beat me in a one on one fight. I didn't want to take my chances.

But no one attacks captainfatty2x4 without getting their fair share. I doubled back and saw the same guy fist fighting another guy in the same location we were in before. I snuck up behind him and killed Ironman just as he finished his target. As I expected, neither player dropped anything.

At this point I'm feeling pretty good about the game, it was my first kill ever and I felt like I could die this round happy. I wanted to get a better knowledge of map 2 since I had only been playing on 3 previously, so I wanted to just explore rather then go hunting or hiding. The houses were too close to the spawn for my liking, so I decided to just roam along the edge of the map and stick to the glass, hoping to find a chest or two. I did, but all I ended up with was a pair of leather breeches, a stone sword, and two bowls.

Bowls are overpowered in this game, because mushrooms are everywhere. So without any fear of hunger I decided to go back to the ruined houses and give those chests another look. Luckily for me, there were 2 that were not empty. I didn't get anything but a leather hat, but it's alright. The more armor the better.

At this point, there were 4 of us left and I was at the edge of the park where the Cornucopia is located. So I decide, "what the hell, might as well see if all the middle chests are empty" and make my way through the forest. I see two nameplates further up ahead and assume it's a team guarding their stash. I sneak through the trees to approach to get a closer look and of course they're wearing full iron armor. I find one guy sitting atop the Cornucopia while the other is strafing by the bush-chests. They were shooting each other. What I had thought was a team was really a power struggle for the cornucopia.

The guy on the ground was really close to my position in the trees and its a good thing I wasn't seen at all. I decided to loop around the tree line and get a chest from behind the fighters while they weren't paying attention. As I kept moving along the tree line, the guy on the ground kept moving in the same direction, making sneaking past them more than a little difficult. I decided I would switch directions and hopefully avoid them, but just at that moment the guy on the Cornucopia must have gotten bored, and he charged the guy on the ground with a diamond sword. The guy on the ground responded in kind and drew his own diamond sword.

I saw this as the perfect opportunity so I took it: I waited for the fight to end. As soon as the lightning bolt ripped through the air I sprinted through the clearing and backstabbed the survivor with my stone sword while he was busy going through inventory. I could not have asked for a better chance or better loot. I armed myself with full armor, a diamond sword, a bow with a couple arrows, and a lot of food and waited for the 60 seconds to run out.

As soon as death match began I found my opponent to be armored in full leather and wielding a bow/stone axe combo. He began by strafing while shooting, but I cut him off with the speed of sprint/jump and in four hits he was dead. I got a hearty back rubbing in the next games lobby by all the spectators who were cheering for the underdog. I don't think I'll ever win a game quite like that again.

johnnywalkerblue

Spectator
Reaction score
Mine is not nearly as interesting or fun, but I couldn't believe I'd gotten my first win. It was my first time playing map #3, yesterday. I've never had much luck going straight for the cornucopia so I took off right out and sprinted until i was out of reach through one of those root/log things in map 3 spawn. Once I was in the clear I slowed down and collected mushrooms while climbing through the jungle trees (looking for chests I never found).

Once I went back to the ground near the edge of the map I did find a chest, and it had a stone sword, bowl, chicken and fish. Ate the chicken and fish right away, and proceeded to collect more mushrooms (as you've said bowls are the way to go). Now that I knew I had a constant source of food, and a sword I was in pretty good shape. Kept moving around the edge of the map until I found another chest with leather pants. Then I went for the cornucopia.
All the while the booms are going on and I know tributes are getting killed but I'm hoping its not going to be a bloodbath with a 3 or 4 person team on my way back to spawn because this is definitely the luckiest I've gotten so far with the run run run approach. So I make it back to cornucopia and the guy I met there must have just gotten in a fight because as soon as I hit him he starts running (even though he's stocked with iron armor and iron sword). I chase him down and kill him and he's got... a GOLDEN APPLE. My ticket to win it. I re-arm with his superior weapons, including bow and 10 arrows, and take off to chase down other players. First guy I find is waiting out by the castle, I eat the golden apple and he goes down after a decent fight. So I check out the castle and can't figure out how to get into it but at this point that's not necessary anymore, I've got the gear I need and I need to be keeping my eyes out for other tributes.

Then I find one who seems to not want anything to do with me at this point. I shoot a couple of arrows and chase him down for the kill. Deathmatch wasn't fair as my opponent had half leather armor and a stone sword and I had full iron, full hunger, bow and iron sword.

There were some admins in the server floating around the cornucopia at the end which was pretty cool. I'd never seen an admin on an mcsg server before.

Then the game restarts, I rejoin, and I'm in the lobby getting some congrats on first win and looking forward to playing the next game, excited that I got my first ever win. I got donor-kicked at that point.

manonthecan

Spectator
Reaction score
i dont remember my first win but i do remember my first win on map 3

First before the game i won i had my heart broken when i came second and my opponent had only 1 and half hearts left

When the games started i ran away from the cornucopia i got lucky and found a chest right away and it had a stone sword. My first victim had some gold armour and a wood axe he was pretty easy to find because he had gold armour i killed him but almost died trying. Then i ran into the village and found a team of three with no swords trying to get up a tree. I killed the first 2 before they new what hit them the 3rd guy then pulled out a wood sword then tried to kill me. Then he started running and i sniped him. From the team i got 2 diamonds 5 iron and 7 gold.

When it was becoming night i tried going to the cornucopia to craft. When i got there there was a guy in almost full iron armour but only a stone axe. I killed him using the element of surprise then i crafted my diamond sword then went hunting. I went on to kill 10 people by the end of the match. I was so happy and what i didnt realize was the person that i killed in the death match had and 80 point bounty so i finished of the end of the round going up 141 points

slimeball555

Spectator
Reaction score
I remember my first victory like it was yesterday (11 days ago to be exact)

I was teamed up with ryoco (lol the guy who just posted (manonthecan)) and we were on opposite sides of the corn. It was #1 map and we didn't feel like going to the corn just to get... lets not discuss the disturbing things me and ryoco thought up of (and/or experienced) . Anyways, the countdown was ending and the lag spikes made it impossible for everybody to move. some even crashed at the start cause of it.

We ran off together towards the cliffside, stalking a prey. We got lucky and found a weapon in a chest along with 1 stick. We later got some food to satisfy our hunger. Ryoco went in for the kill with the weapon and cracked the pelvis of the victim. The victim had nothing of our need so we moved on, traveling alongside the cliff.

We split up because ryoco spotted 2 more prey, annd thought he could take them on. He wanted me to continue looking for a weapons and armor for us. I traveled away from him only witnessing the death of one tribute as ryoco fought off fists of two poor souls. I ventured along, finding some armor, not enough to split though. Small but notiable lag spikes happen but i ignore them. I keep moving until i find a chest with 2 stone swords in it. Exactly what we needed. Some tributes die along the way back to ryoco, but that is not my matter.

Ryoco meets up with me, pleased to see the two stone swords. i try to exchange of them but the lag spikes deny it. These lag spikes are ruining the fun and are only getting worse. Ryoco spotts another victum that has good armor and no weapon, so we dash along the cliff to end his life. We are almost to him when we are reset to old positions. A rollback? No, just more lag. We run again but the lag spikes, are just not letting us. i fall out of a tree in the lag leaving me with 5 hearts left. I was in need of food or regen. But i couldnt eat. Was this the lag causing this? with 12 players left, this was not good.

Thats when ryoco froze. I saw all mobs froze, i couldnt do anything server related. I was sure i would crash like the people at the start. but i waited it out, hoping it was a just a big lag spike.

That day, i won the hunger games without a single kill. 11 people lagged out and crashed at that moment. Everybody left except me. i was the only person who didn't get disconnected cause of lag. "slimeball555 from district 8 has won the survival games," the server said. I couldnt believe it. Lag was on my side.

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
Mine was a while ago when there was diamond armor in chests. I ran to the center and got a diamond sword and diamond hat in the beginning (lucky me :p) then I slaughtered about 5 different people (why they took out diamond swords from chests) and ran my chest route. I got some chests and ended up with diamond hat and the rest of my armor iron. Then I met up with some guy I met in the last match and he had an iron sword and gold and leather armor. (In my texture pack I had during that time he looked like a hobo with a crown. o_O ) So we adventured and killed people like badasses. So it was night and my teamate and I were controlling corn. We got the refilled chest and got full diamond armor and weapons. So then there was 3 people left, me, my teamate, and some other dude. My friend had to go while we were waiting for the other dude to come to the center. (We were noobs back then and we camped :p) So he left and deathmatch started and I mutilated the last guy and won. :D

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
I don't remember the first too well, but I remember the most glorious.

It was a warm summer's eve and the lobby was filled with noobs. The point count was so low it was stifling. I thought, "schnikes man, this is gonna be your time to shine!" So the game begins and I run for the Corn and then go my usual route. I gained quite a collection of supplies, and began a hunt for players. I found one with valuable armor in the suburbs, but he had no weapon. I chased him down and slaughtered him (he ran straight into a basement of a house). Then, I slaughtered some more players. At night I went back to the Corn, and to my surprise no one at all came. Apparently these players didn't know the value of the Corn. So I decked myself out, iron helm and chestplate, chain pants, diamond boots, a diamond sword, etc. then began hunting the remaining noobs. I killed some easily, mostly unarmed guys I caught unawares, and made it to the deathmatch. I smugly wished my opponent luck, and found to my surprise that instead of the usual grade of noob he had some chain and leather items and a good arsenal of weapons. He shot at me a few times, but I overran him and killed him. That gave me my killstreak of 7 and about 80 points. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci