• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SGClassic's Needed Updates V2

Did I miss anything?

• Yes (if so, post down below what else there is)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Since my last "needed updates" post, SGC was updated, so its time to update what needs done on the SGC servers. But first! I will thank you for the things you fixed on my previous thread.
1. Added sg3 and sg4! Having 4 maps is great, and none are super overplayed, so cheers on that!

Now moving on. We need these things done to the servers to make them better.
1. Tier the Maps: SG2 is top priority! It has been a known bug on SGC since the beginning! This is the MAIN reason SGC is not played! Tons of posts confirm this, just browse the SGC forums and you will find them! sg3 has a tier problem too. The chests are tiered, unlike sg2, but the only tier 2 chests are in the cornocoupia. So whoever gets an iron chestplate in corn, and survives to find a stone sword, they have an almost guarantee win.
2. Chat Colors: One of the main points you made when making SGC was adding back the "ugly chat colors" well you didn't even do that. The spec and lobby names were the &9 colored blue, and in the lobby you were considered a SPEC. The points were surrounded by ( ) and not [ ]. When you killed a person it said:
"Awarded 19 points for killing (61)So_and_so" and not "You've gained [19] points for killing So_and_so!"
Furthermore, when you won a game, it did not say:
"GeckoGoggals has won the survival games!" it actually said: "Tribute GeckoGoggals from district 12 has won!"
3. The Lobby: The current lobby is not a MCSG V1 lobby, it is a beta lobby. The main mcsgv1 lobby was the one with:
Cake Table in the middle, not a fountain
Library Parkour to the right of cake table
Little Pool
Protips
Tips n tricks and other fun stuff to the left of cake table
Wood floor and tower thingeys, not stone brick.
To see more, just watch the first 30 seconds of THIS video
Or you could use the lobby that had:
Chad's Pirate Ship
The code door with code of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
2 parkours left of spawn room (shown HERE)
Spawn room with snow and pumpkins
More cake than you could imagine
Giant red mushrooms
Rose's Survival Games for Dummies

Please note all videos are owned by their respective owners and I only found them on youtube, and I have no claims to them.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Also, remove raffle voting, it wasnt added until LATE v2

And fix the lobby games bug on SGC18, there is a ghosted guy and the server won't restart on it's own.

Last edited:

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
You sir, are very confused.

SGC is supposed to be how MCSG was back in BETA, not v1.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I am pleased to announce the release of our new Survival Games variant called Survival Games Classic™ (dubbed SG Classic™ or SGC on our servers)! This type of SG gameplay is the exact style of our “MCSGv1” plugin back in June of 2012 during our full release and grand opening of this community. Even the ugly chat format and color themes are back! With this new game style, we are starting off with brand new leaderboards to compete in and the only stat that will carry over is your current points.
No, you sir, are very confused. SGC is supposed to be how it was in MCSG V1, not beta.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
No, you sir, are very confused. SGC is supposed to be how it was in MCSG V1, not beta.
June 2012 was the end of the beta tests, and this was how the server was at the time, very similar to how the server was in beta.

I've been here through it and believe me, it's the beta version of MCSG. Ask any veteran.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I know, I've been here through it all too, check my forum stats, I joined in July of 2012, and I played in-game since May of 2012. Or just go here
Also, this is mainly bug fixes anyways, so why are you freaking out, you could have just said in the first place that the lobby is right and been done with it without making me dig for evidence.

Last edited:

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I know, I've been here through it all too, check my forum stats, and my in game stats.
Also, this is mainly bug fixes anyways, so why are you freaking out, you could have just said in the first place that the lobby is right and been done with it without making me dig for evidence.
I was just defending BlueHeron because he is one of my friends. I was not denying the validity of your thread or trying to start flame over a little mistake.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Since I have veterans getting alerts about this anyway, and we need to get back on topic, is there anything else I missed (besides 48 servers because sgc isn't popular enough.)

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Since I have veterans getting alerts about this anyway, and we need to get back on topic, is there anything else I missed (besides 48 servers because sgc isn't popular enough.)
I feel like there is such a small percentage of us vets left that SGC won't become popular. Even if they reinstate everything back to the way it was, there is simply not enough vets left to make it popular. And the people who aren't vets don't appreciate the game type.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
We're still not on topic...
Yes we are. I answered your question by saying that there is not anymore necessary things for them to add to SGC because it will never be as popular as it could be because there are not many vets left.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci