• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SGClassic Improvement ideas.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a few suggestions for improvement on the
SG Classic servers. Suggestions or improvements to the thread are welcomed, and constructive criticism.

To start off, the concept of SG Classic is to give that Nostalgia feeling to old players, and maybe even new players who'd enjoy a challenge! Now, this is a great idea, but it has it's flaws.

My first suggestion is to remove Fishing Rods! Now, this may sound like an absolute No-No, but remember, no one really used to use a fishing rod, it was straight out sword PvP with a few Bow shots. Why it is so important for it to removed, is because PvP is exactly the same as the MCSG servers. Everyone relies on their fishing rod and little "fighting" is involved. It's all, (Stun, hit, run).

My second suggestion, is to decrease amount of Flint And Steel. This is also one of those things that doesn't give the Nostalgia feel because this is a fairly new tactic in PvP. Very few people in June-August used Flint and Steel. I don't believe it should be removed, because it can be very helpful in some instances, but it needs to be harder to find so it is not imbalanced, but still in-use.

Mob spawning! Suggested by MoLoToV . Mob spawning is essential for the nostalgia feel because well, there used to be mobs. It was a factor that made it incredibly hard to survive the night. I believe they should be re-added.

Chest retiering Suggested by cadbane4321 ! This doesn't need much of an explanation, they're bad.

If you have anything you want me to add, or get rid of or edit, tell me. Criticism is welcome.

Last edited:

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I like the fishing rod idea, but last time I played, the FnS only had one use. I wouldn't mind it being moved up to 2 or 3, but otherwise, that's my only problem :)

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Would definitely play Classic more if there were no fishing rods

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Would definitely play Classic more if there were no fishing rods
Exactly. I think maybe a better idea would be to remove them from PvP, so no contact is made. Because to be honest, back in July, I'd always fish for food xD. I was really bad.

Edit: Sorry for these tags, but I'd like opinion from billyguy1 Mooclan Cscoop MufasaTheCat

hyperfuse03

Experienced
Reaction score
I think they should work on the lag they have been having latey. Instead of working on something else

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
The first thing they need to do is fix the chests/tiering...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci