• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG: The Striker Games - Map Download (Version 1)

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
I know people usually say 'nothing but a circle is fair' but actually, the half circle thing works.

Sure, it's based on the original book and film, and has not many structures, but i think it works. Similar to SG1 definately :)
Yeah well as I mentioned, I based this map on the Hunger Games book and movie. That wasn't in a circle but a semi circle. I messured this half circle to make sure that the few blocks disadvantage the people in some area get are evened out by adding extra chests not inside the horn to it.

Thanks,

Striker4000

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
The two players on each end of the semi-circle get an advantage as they are only next to one other tribute. It's minor but it can be a game changer, but I kinda support the idea of 'different' types of cornucopias instead of the normal circles.
Thanks. I did base the map on the Hunger Games, as I mentioned to everybody else. Too many people have already made maps that are getting submitted, so I really did have no option anyway but to make something 'out of the box'. My major 'Out of the box' difference is the cornucopia. I evened out the minor disadvantages by adding chests just as close to them as the horn. It is pretty even, but I see where everyone is coming from.
Cheers,

striker4000

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
The Survival Games was created from the Hunger Games, but it no means is meant to recreate it. And what do you mean nothing to base it on? All other maps found something--

For example

SG4 - DayZ
SG2 - Maybe a New York of sorts
Solar Frost - Imagination

Again, you don't need to base it off something. Sorry for the rant.
But, again, more screenshots and it might look promising!
Thanks.
I suppose there are other things out there to base it on.
Of course, as I mentioned, my 'Hunger Games' approach meant no massive skyscrapers abandoned with zombies inside them and half recked flat screen televisions. But taking on the approach of 'The Hunger Games', there are few things other than 'The Hunger Games' to base it on.

Thanks for the heads up, I added screenshots.
Cheers,

striker4000

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
Survival Games 1 by varedie was suppose to be basically like the hunger games but with he SG features
Yes It Was.
And therefore, sg 1 is my favourite map.
I do like the 'Hunger Games' approach to map making.
Also, 'Breeze Island' is similar to 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' map (which will this year be coming out as a movie). The quell map. Hopefully, I will make my 'THE STRIKER GAMES 2' map based on the Quarter Quell in Catching Fire, which I am looking forward to seeing.

Cheers,

striker4000

0BLIV3RATOR_98

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you need:
More terraforming
It's so obviously superflat
Make grass and flowers and stuff
If you're wondering why Vareide's SGs are different is beacause he makes arenas based on Hunger Games other than the 74th.
Keep on loving the Pandas,
Obliverator (Epic Bong Panda)

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you need:
More terraforming
If you're wondering why Vareide's SGs are different is beacause he makes arenas based on Hunger Games other than the 74th.
Thanks,
Terraforming will be improved in future versions
Grass is in some areas but isnt required anyway as essential
There are no other Hunger Games we know about other than 74 and 75.
Panda's are nice

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you need:
More terraforming
Thanks,
Terraforming will be improved in future versions
Grass is in some areas but isnt required anyway as essential
There are no other Hunger Games we know about other than 74 and 75.
Panda's are nice

Beleugs

Spectator
Reaction score
1: The cornucopia needs a lot of work.
2: Actually edit the world so its not just a few crappy structures here and there in the seed.
3: Dont make a map that takes only 4 minutes to make.

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
1: The cornucopia needs a lot of work.
2: Actually edit the world so its not just a few crappy structures here and there in the seed.
3: Dont make a map that takes only 4 minutes to make.
Thanks for your feed back.

I have had some other feedback lately about the cornucopia. Most of it is positive. Can you be specific because there is some speculation about the Semi Circle idea. That is the only cornucopia feedback I got.

I have actually edited the map, starting off with a 256 high flat map with a glass dome 500 metre radius or 1000 metre diameter. The structures are hand made, without using world edit as I didn't go for the artificial look. It wasn't a seed inclusion. The traps are also hand made.

From a server Admin on the third biggest minecraft pvp server, mczone, has quoted 'Looks like a lot of hard effort has been put into this map'. You can see this at http://mczone.co/forum/topic?id=869 .
I did actually put effort into it, and the job wasn't a four minute job. It took me weeks and then testing the map and putting up websites and forums like this. I put a lot of effort into it, and out of all the comments I've had, which if you read I said that I wanted constructive criticism, this has been the most non useful and insulting.

However, I thank you for the feedback and have taken in some stuff...

striker4000

Beleugs

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks for your feed back.

I have had some other feedback lately about the cornucopia. Most of it is positive. Can you be specific because there is some speculation about the Semi Circle idea. That is the only cornucopia feedback I got.

I have actually edited the map, starting off with a 256 high flat map with a glass dome 500 metre radius or 1000 metre diameter. The structures are hand made, without using world edit as I didn't go for the artificial look. It wasn't a seed inclusion. The traps are also hand made.

From a server Admin on the third biggest minecraft pvp server, mczone, has quoted 'Looks like a lot of hard effort has been put into this map'. You can see this at http://mczone.co/forum/topic?id=869 .
I did actually put effort into it, and the job wasn't a four minute job. It took me weeks and then testing the map and putting up websites and forums like this. I put a lot of effort into it, and out of all the comments I've had, which if you read I said that I wanted constructive criticism, this has been the most non useful and insulting.

However, I thank you for the feedback and have taken in some stuff...

striker4000

Sure. if you could possibly measure out each podium evenly so they are all equal away from the cornucopia. And yeah make the horn like it is now, but make it open on all sides

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci