• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG: The Striker Games - Map Download (Version 1)

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
COME AND VOTE. WE NEED THE SUPPORT! GO TO: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...mes-map-download-version-1-voting-page.36193/

Reached 1000 views...
Moving Page.
The Map
Based on The Hunger Games (Movie 2012 and Book 2009), this map is a remake of the movie (With a few 'edits'). Of course, like in the survival games and almost all other hunger games maps, this map has traps and chests other than the cornucopia ones (which isn't the case in The Hunger Games book and movie, but the 'gamemakers' could injure the tributes if necessary). The map is made for a large amount of people (over 12) but ensures all tributes remain in an area that is close enough to get to nearby enemies

Arena
Radius: 500 blocks which is covered in a dense forest and mountains.
Chest Count: Give or Take 70 Chests (Some are purposely inaccessible to trick players into traps)
Cornucopia (Starting Spawn Point): Maximum Distance Away From Tribute/Player = 40 blocks. The Horn takes on a similar approach to the true Hunger Games map in the movie. It consists of about 13 chests surrounding the horn and then about 6 accessible chests in the horn, but 9 chests all up.
Enchanting tables: 4, one on top of horn and 3 others spread apart from each other in the map.
Workbenches/Crafting Tables: There are around 3 crafting tables around the arena, one of which is on top of the horn
Furnaces: 1 which is located on the top of the horn, along with an anvil, workbench and enchantment table
Bookshelf: 1 area consists of 3 book shelfs in the arena, which is to the edge of the arena in an abandoned house.
Traps: Around 7, 3 which consist of trapping you in an area where it can be almost impossible to get out of. There are also around 15 spider webs around the arena, one of which consist of lava underneath.
Mountains/Water Systems: There are 4 mountains and give or take 10 water systems spread around the arena. There is also a volcano to the edge of the arena.

Advise for me
If anyone has any advise for me that will keep this map from getting accepted, I would be more than happy to hear it. The arena could possibly have faults which I am not aware about. Although, please don't come to me saying that the forest should be less dense because my aim for the map was to mimic the actual games, which I would like to know if it was successful!

(if this image doesn't turn out I will edit it and get it too ;))

People who assisted in making this map:
I would like to acknowledge the following people who made this map:
striker4000 (Tester, Creator, Website Maker, Camera)

nspnsp (Tester, Creator, Website Maker, Star Video)
sheppj (Tester, Star Video)
cjeccjec (Images)
flynn88 (Tester)

itsnotlocky (Tester, Image)
tyisawesome (Tester, Server Partnership)

I would like to acknowledge the following mods for making this map:
World Edit (Terraforming)
Single Player Commands (Terraforming)
TooManyItems (Time, Items, GM)

I really hope you enjoy this map and accept it, but please give feedback (positive/negative) on it.

Thank You To Everyone For The Support and Help For Making This Map,
Cheers
striker4000

Download (Mac/Windows/Linux):

http://www.mediafire.com/?s00jju1muovocrw

Screenshots:
Okay, a lot of people made it pretty clear to me, no screenshots, no play. So I have taken some quick snaps of the arena including some of the traps, mountains, obstacles and more. Thanks for all the feedback too! Really helps, otherwise I wouldn't of known to put screenshots up...

L

Lululioness

1. NEED MORE SCREENIES
2.Cornucopia is unfair. It has to be in a circle like all the other maps.
3.The terraforming needs lots of improvement
4. Needs more structures.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
^^ What she said. But also, this isn't directly aimed at you, but I just want to get this out somewhere...PEOPLE. PLEASE STOP MAKING MAPS BASED ON THE MOVIES. WE WANT ORIGINAL CONTENT.

<3

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks fushisushi, but what else is there to base the map on!
The Hunger Games is the reason why the 'Survival Games' where started.
If you are trying to say base it on the book, well if it wasn't for the movie the book was never overly popular.

There is nothing else to base it on. It outrageous enough (but makes it more fun!) to have buildings spread out around the map when the movie didn't contain that.

The Survival Games is pretty much The Hunger Games.

But thanks for the advise, and lul thanks too.

Cheers,
striker4000

oh and what does original content mean

striker4000

Tribute
Reaction score
1. NEED MORE SCREENIES
Thanks for the advice, and i have noted about the cornucopia situation which i may edit. But with the people who are a few blocks further away from the cornucopia than others do get advantages as I have added more chests nearby to them. It might look also like the blocks are further away on one side as I had FOV on, which you should know enhances the size of blocks due to where you are.

With the structures, I was basing it on the movie (although it mentioned I shouldn't) and therefore limited the structures. I have still got almost ten structures around the map, but I didn't base this map like 'Survival Games 2'.

I am still adding to my forum and I will add more screens, so keep tuned if you want to see some more pictures.

I really appreciate your help and am happy for any more constructive criticism as for the future maps I make as well as the additions to Striker Games 1.

Cheers
striker4000

Survivover99

Spectator
Reaction score
1. NEED MORE SCREENIES
it doesn't have to be a circle, Ancient Japan wasn't

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
I know people usually say 'nothing but a circle is fair' but actually, the half circle thing works.

Sure, it's based on the original book and film, and has not many structures, but i think it works. Similar to SG1 definately :)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I know people usually say 'nothing but a circle is fair' but actually, the half circle thing works.

Sure, it's based on the original book and film, and has not many structures, but i think it works. Similar to SG1 definately :)
The two players on each end of the semi-circle get an advantage as they are only next to one other tribute. It's minor but it can be a game changer, but I kinda support the idea of 'different' types of cornucopias instead of the normal circles.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Survival Games 1 by varedie was suppose to be basically like the hunger games but with he SG features

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks fushisushi, but what else is there to base the map on!
The Hunger Games is the reason why the 'Survival Games' where started.
If you are trying to say base it on the book, well if it wasn't for the movie the book was never overly popular.

There is nothing else to base it on. It outrageous enough (but makes it more fun!) to have buildings spread out around the map when the movie didn't contain that.

The Survival Games is pretty much The Hunger Games.

But thanks for the advise, and lul thanks too.

Cheers,
striker4000

oh and what does original content mean
The Survival Games was created from the Hunger Games, but it no means is meant to recreate it. And what do you mean nothing to base it on? All other maps found something--

For example

SG4 - DayZ
SG2 - Maybe a New York of sorts
Solar Frost - Imagination

Again, you don't need to base it off something. Sorry for the rant.
But, again, more screenshots and it might look promising!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci