• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reward for catching hackers?

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
posting when i get home

there is literally no reason for this not to be a thing

Kailey

Platinum
Reaction score
What if the person reporting the players already had premium? Would they be able to give their reward to a friend?

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
What if the person reporting the players already had premium? Would they be able to give their reward to a friend?
I was trying to think of perks for premium players too. I don't think it should be able to be given to friends tho.

Kailey

Platinum
Reaction score
Or maybe instead of getting a rank, there could be a leaderboard for who caught the most hackers, just an idea. I have mixed feelings about the premium reward because yeah, there would be a lot less hackers but the servers wouldn't be making as much money as they are now, which could be a problem of its own. I definitely think that something should be done to motivate players to report hackers though.

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
I stopped reporting hackers, takes too much time. They'll just be back in a week to hack anyway, this idea seems pretty L2git tho

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree, but the amount should be 10x higher. How will they get the rank? The Senior Staff have to give them a code, for only 7 reports? Thats a little low. You should have to put a serous amount of effort, like 40 reports or something for just iron, 80 for gold etc. Otherwise its not enough.

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
Or maybe instead of getting a rank, there could be a leaderboard for who caught the most hackers, just an idea. I have mixed feelings about the premium reward because yeah, there would be a lot less hackers but the servers wouldn't be making as much money as they are now, which could be a problem of its own. I definitely think that something should be done to motivate players to report hackers though.
There should never be public recognition for catching hackers. It needs to be something that you do for the good of the community and any reward needs to be "anonymous".

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree, but the amount should be 10x higher. How will they get the rank? The Senior Staff have to give them a code, for only 7 reports? Thats a little low. You should have to put a serous amount of effort, like 40 reports or something for just iron, 80 for gold etc. Otherwise its not enough.
Maybe upwards of 20 and 40. In reality even doing 20 in a month would be very difficult for most players most moderators don't even hit this, this is not supposed to be full time job for these players its just supposed to be an incentive to do more.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Maybe upwards of 20 and 40. In reality even doing 20 in a month would be very difficult for most players most moderators don't even hit this, this is not supposed to be full time job for these players its just supposed to be an incentive to do more.
True. Good point. If it resets on the month, then I agree, 20 - 40 is enough.

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
True. Good point. If it resets on the month, then I agree, 20 - 40 is enough.
yeah, after all the input I have received I think that it should be that every month if you did enough bans it will automatically give you the donor you qualify for, not the credits. Maybe even remove the 3 month option, just have it so that if you get 20 hackers banned in a month's time you get iron the next month.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
I like the idea a lot; however, I do agree with soggypickle that it should take more credits to get donor. I would say something more along the lines of 14 credits for iron and 25 credits for gold. It seems to easy to keep on getting credits from banning hackers and using them to get iron donor every month.

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
I revised the initial post to reflect how I and others feel how this should be done. Please check it out before posting again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci