• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reward for catching hackers?

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
If it is a screenshot report, then it takes a lot less time.

The issue arises again around spam reports + the user knowing that the person is banned. I suppose if a credit was given for the simple action of reporting, that would work.

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score

The issue arises again around spam reports + the user knowing that the person is banned. I suppose if a credit was given for the simple action of reporting, that would work.
This would only apply to the report of hackers, which a screenshot or video shorter than (10 seconds?) is not acceptable evidence.

As for the finding out if someone was banned, in most cases you won't have 100% reports/bans so at the end of the month when you got the credits unless you had a 100% rate you wouldn't know for sure.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score

More reports would be a good thing. As long as the user actually went through the trouble of posting a report, regardless of whether or not it was valid, they should get a credit. c:

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
Another option would be to have it automatically give the player iron donor if they hit x amount of bans in the month previous. Then they wouldn't know how many actually were banned.

More reports would be a good thing. As long as the user actually went through the trouble of posting a report, regardless of whether or not it was valid, they should get a credit. c:
See that's where I think it should be successful bans. So when the mod is banning the hacker on the panel there would be a feild that you could put the reporters name. Then there would be no reason to spam report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Something I would like to add on as we are talking about the time and amount of credits the donors are worth, what if someone reports seven hackers in one video. It would take significantly less time to compile the clips together and upload them than do it all separately. I know some people that have reported 10 people at once :p

EDIT: Please don't double post.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Something I would like to add on as we are talking about the time and amount of credits the donors are worth, what if someone reports seven hackers in one video. It would take significantly less time to compile the clips together and upload them than do it all separately. I know some people that have reported 10 people at once :p

EDIT: Please don't double post.

It is still the action of filming and reporting the hacker that is rewarded. It doesn't have to be separate threads.
Perhaps on the panel, a new section is added, like - Reported by:

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
It is still the action of filming and reporting the hacker that is rewarded. It doesn't have to be separate threads.
Perhaps on the panel, a new section is added, like - Reported by:
I understand that it is still the same action, but my point is that reporting hackers in one go is faster than reporting, uploading, etc one by one, so the donors would have to be worth more credits to compensate. For example, uploading seven hackers one by one might take 3 hours total, but doing them in one lot might take one hour. Therefore, the donor would have to be worth more credits to get them to do the same amount of work :p

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand that it is still the same action, but my point is that reporting hackers in one go is faster than reporting, uploading, etc one by one, so the donors would have to be worth more credits to compensate. For example, uploading seven hackers one by one might take 3 hours total, but doing them in one lot might take one hour. Therefore, the donor would have to be worth more credits to get them to do the same amount of work :p
It's the same about of footage, wouldn't it be the same file size?

We are talking about rewarding the player for getting someone banned - it would be too complicated to consider the time taken. And just saying, I prefer it when recordings are merged - it's less work closing one thread and banning numerous, compared to sifting through 10+ threads and banning one at a time.

xStatiq

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that this could be a good way to get people to take reporting hackers more serious and maybe detour hackers from hacking because they know people will be out looking for them. I do think there needs to be some adjustments made, like making the ranks cost wary more then what you proposed. I think that it may be worth bringing up though in future meetings.

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
It's the same about of footage, wouldn't it be the same file size?

We are talking about rewarding the player for getting someone banned - it would be too complicated to consider the time taken. And just saying, I prefer it when recordings are merged - it's less work closing one thread and banning numerous, compared to sifting through 10+ threads and banning one at a time.
I agree with this. Even though they spent less time actually reporting them they spent more time cutting together a video and uploading it. I agree the prices would have to be higher, I think we're getting distracted by the time it would take someone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci