• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reset W/L Ratio!?

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
I recognize that people would love this sort of feature, especially when they started out doing horribly and have gotten progressively better. However, developers have stated time and time again that it's incredibly unlikely that any sort of feature that alters values in the database will ever be implemented.

And, in all honesty, are stats really an accurate representation of how good you are if you can just continually reset them? Just food for thought. :]

Auroraty|Kristie

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe you could only reset your stats ONE time? Like a one time only deal, so nobody can constantly reset to get a perfect ratio. Other than that i realllly like this idea.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
This should be implemented in my opinion and like Kristier said it could be just a one time thing :/. Me having 800 wins i still wish to reset my stats since i didn't start winning till my 500th or so game

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
The only reason I suggested this idea because I've seen a lot of people being like "Hah, you so noob look at ur stats". It feels like your stats define how good you are at pvp. Kinda like racism :p

dq

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see why the wont reset peoples stats. I mean it doesn't benefit the player in anyway. Well, other than having a clean W/L Ratio.

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
y u guys so concerned about ratio. just play win and have fun

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe you can use it only once, and you can donate to do it again.

PiixL

Career
Reaction score
Idea.

I was thinking and came across an idea of a reset button for ratio. This may be a bad idea and might ruin the whole system but like me, some people sucked in their first hundreds of games. (20/1000 for me). This just totally messed up my ratio and a lot of people even make new alt accounts just to restart their stats. How about save a lot of money and time by making a ratio reset button? It has it's costs such as lost of gameranks and points and all stats. Such as edog. He is an amazing mcsg player but his ratio does not show so.. I have no idea if anyone has gone on a rant about this problem but I am proposing a solution.

How it works.

You go into hub/game and type "/reset". Then you type /comfirmreset 2 times and just like that, your stats are reset. This is for the people who have started off with a bad ratio and want to start over. It is not unfair since your wins go back to zero and your gamerank will go back to yonder. Share your opinions below about this proposal. I personally think that this is a good + fair idea and people will favor it.

Remember, this is just a suggestion to make the game more enjoyable for everyone. No hate :D
I dont really like this idea, personally
the win/loss ratio really reflects how quickly a player has learnt to win MCSG rounds (fortunately I learnt rather quickly, with help from @MahxiXBL) and if players could reset this would completely ruin this system. I vote against reset of stats. Also, this means players could abuse this until they got all wins for example, just an all round bad idea. ;_;

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I dont really like this idea, personally
the win/loss ratio really reflects how quickly a player has learnt to win MCSG rounds (fortunately I learnt rather quickly, with help from @MahxiXBL) and if players could reset this would completely ruin this system. I vote against reset of stats. Also, this means players could abuse this until they got all wins for example, just an all round bad idea. ;_;
It doesn't reflect it accurately though. A lot of players with good w/l started out on different accounts, and others have more experienced players helping them, which makes the representation unfair. Others, like me, only started winning once they stopped playing on a potato that ran 10 fps. By then my w/l was trashed. Once I got a new computer I think I learnt pretty quickly, but my w/l doesn't show that at all.

As for you and others saying that people would abuse /reset, I don't get why this is a problem. Players with great w/l but few wins are never taken seriously and almost always discounted- I've never seen TechnoTundra mentioned in a 'best player' thread, but names like Elgoldo and Lovelights always come up because of their ability to maintain a high w/l over hundreds and hundreds of games.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It doesn't reflect it accurately though. A lot of players with good w/l started out on different accounts, and others have more experienced players helping them, which makes the representation unfair. Others, like me, only started winning once they stopped playing on a potato that ran 10 fps. By then my w/l was trashed. Once I got a new computer I think I learnt pretty quickly, but my w/l doesn't show that at all.

As for you and others saying that people would abuse /reset, I don't get why this is a problem. Players with great w/l but few wins are never taken seriously and almost always discounted- I've never seen TechnoTundra mentioned in a 'best player' thread, but names like Elgoldo and Lovelights always come up because of their ability to maintain a high w/l over hundreds and hundreds of games.
Not abused in that sense, but in a sense that it would cause server lag with all the people resetting their stats and all the calculations being done. This is just an assumption really, but I think it's a logical one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci