• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Release old plugin, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
It's funny because the software is private and we never claimed we would make any source code or old plugins available for public download. Users have been assuming that they would be.

lol768

Spectator
Reaction score
It's funny because the software is private and we never claimed we would make any source code or old plugins available for public download. Users have been assuming that they would be.
Didn't dispute that. Perhaps actually bother to explain to the users that fund your services as to why it's unlikely they'll receive a copy of the plugin?

Of course, it's your decision not mine. Just a suggestion

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Didn't dispute that. Perhaps actually bother to explain to the users that fund your services as to why it's unlikely they'll receive a copy of the plugin?

Of course, it's your decision not mine. Just a suggestion
We've explained it time and time again; users simply don't understand (or .. I should say even attempt to utilize) the search function and that we won't distribute proprietary / private software. It should also be a given since there isn't a "download" button on our website that we won't be providing any downloads. There is a shared resources area for maps, but that isn't for plugins - a simple look over the forum would make this clear.

Lukas Bisket

Career
Reaction score
The sad thing is half the people on the forums don't even know what an NDA is...

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Non-Disclosure Agreement. It means the code and ideas behind the code are all licensed to Chad, and the contents of the code may not be redistributed. If they are by the developers, then we can be sued for negligence and mishandling of code, as well as unlawful distribution (just as bad as piracy). I'd assume this can involve jail time, or simply a huge settlement.

Canziano

District 13
Reaction score
Non-Disclosure Agreement. It means the code and ideas behind the code are all licensed to Chad, and the contents of the code may not be redistributed. If they are by the developers, then we can be sued for negligence and mishandling of code, as well as unlawful distribution (just as bad as piracy). I'd assume this can involve jail time, or simply a huge settlement.
Dunz be trollin beardman, its what I said ;) #Sarcasm!!!!! (Just have to implify cause you know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci