• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Regeneration/Healing in Pre-Deathmatch

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
After reading a thread about some changes in DM (http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/deathmatch-additions.92843/)
I thought to myself "Instead of having a longer pre-deathmatch time, why not heal them?"

It could be like the effects of one or two golden apples (Regeneration 1 or 2 for like 4 seconds) or perhaps a full heal, like a "Super Golden Apple"/Regeneration 2 for the full 10 seconds (Or something of the sort.)

What would happen:
  • You and the other combatants are teleported into the DeathMatch arena, and you say to yourself "Oh, dang, if I get shot> even twice, I'm dead beef!"
  • You see your hearts rapidly go ^up^, and say, "Hey, I'm not going to die super fast! I might actually stand a chance against this team of 2!"
  • You fight them, and kill one, then run away, light the second on fire, and finish the game!
Pros:
Much better chance in Death Match, and you won't die super fast if you were being chased for 5 minutes right before Death Match.
Even if you get shot right after stepping off the pedestal, you won't die, even if you were super low at the beginning.

Cons:
If you were chasing someone before DM, and they healed and took longer to kill or killed you.
If you were fighting a team for what seems like hours - and winning - and then suddenly they're both at full or nearly full HP again.

Last edited:

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Still a wonderful idea and very easy to implement.

I'll be that guy who brings up an aesthetic drawback though. It breaks the realism. Don't get me wrong here. I LO_Ove the idea from a player's perspective.

Then again, to contradict my own argument, it is a game. Games don't always have to be 100% realistic. Whatever, I guess it's a simple matter of opinion. I'm fine with it either way.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Making it so each player receives the effect of golden apples without giving them all absorption hearts would be difficult. A command block even, or just setting /heal on all players at the start of pre-deathmatch via the plugin, would be a more viable option.

Also, another pro: newbies who are out, or nearly out, of food would have full hunger and a fair chance to at least run longer.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Excuse my double post [on a phone, you can't edit a post to include a quote) since Blitzy and I posted simultaneously.

Blitz please be more specific as to why you think this suggestion should not be considered. Perhaps you have yet to read the stickied guide on "How to Reply to Suggestions?" :)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Making it so each player receives the effect of golden apples without giving them all absorption hearts would be difficult. A command block even, or just setting /heal on all players at the start of pre-deathmatch via the plugin, would be a more viable option.

Also, another pro: newbies who are out, or nearly out, of food would have full hunger and a fair chance to at least run longer.
There's commands such as ./effect
such as /effect (name) (effect, such as Regeneration) (length/duration) (level, such as 1, 2, 3, etc.)
Excuse my double post [on a phone, you can't edit a post to include a quote) since Blitzy and I posted simultaneously.

Blitz please be more specific as to why you think this suggestion should not be considered. Perhaps you have yet to read the stickied guide on "How to Reply to Suggestions?" :)
He's perfectly aware, he just doesn't feel like explaining why. Oh, and he might be slightly bitter towards me and all I stand for. xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci