• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Regeneration Detector.java [Idea]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I have an idea that could help with the issue about being falsely accused of having regen with this idea. What if it's a point based system. When it's sensed once, they get kicked, and one point is added to their account. If they get sensed again as having regen within 24 hours of being kicked for it, a one week ban is instated, and a second point is added. After their ban is up, and they come back and regen is sensed again, then they kicked again, and another point is added. If it is sensed again after that second kick, a final point is added to the account and a permanent ban is instated.

TL;DR?
  • 1 point = A kick (Point is reset after 24 hours with no more detected regen.)
  • 2 points = A 1 week ban
  • 3 points = A kick (Points are returned to 2 after 24 hours with no detected regen.)
  • 4 points = A permanent ban

I feel that it is unlikely that the same person will be tagged for having regen 4 times by accident. Thoughts?
I think it should be 48 hours, because they can just wait 24 hours without using it. But I like that idea :)

KYSKILLZ

Experienced
Reaction score
Could the system mistake for golden apples for regen hacks

P

PeriLH_

This would be great! Although, as KYSKILLZ said, would it mistake golden apples as regen hacks? You seem to have put a lot of thought into this!

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
The only problem I see with it is, of course, server-side lag. Just like the old inventory editor anti-cheat thing back in V1 which would spam your chat with "Chuck Testa does not approve of inventory editors" and then eventually kick you if you were exceptionally fast with looting items or moving them around in your inventory. It would need extensive testing, as something like a few seconds of server lag could possibly cause the script to kick innocent players. I just don't want another "cannot interact with self" bug, or something of the sort.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
IIRC, the creator of the thread has engineered the config to be able to tell the difference between G-Apples and Regen.
AND the compensation for a 15 second lag spike (the longest possible before timing out).

NewYorkKidd9 , please read through entire threads before commenting, as I had already stated in my original post how to compensate for lag.

Core

Survivor
Reaction score
Honestly this could go with any hacked clients that use jar.:p

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ever thought of applying for dev?

You seem like you know your stuff!

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
Ever thought of applying for dev?

You seem like you know your stuff!
1. I'm only 14.
2. Although I might come up with some pretty good ideas, I can't create code for sh*t. I can modify code if it has been written in Python, but that's about it.

In two or three years time I might apply. But that's only once I've learnt Python and understand the overall logic of C++ and/or Java. Thank you for the kind words, though! :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
1. I'm only 14.
2. Although I might come up with some pretty good ideas, I can't create code for sh*t. I can modify code if it has been written in Python, but that's about it.

In two or three years time I might apply. But that's only once I've learnt Python and understand the overall logic of C++ and/or Java. Thank you for the kind words, though! :)
To apply you'd definitely need to understand Java, since Minecraft is done in Java and therefore Minecraft related things are also done in Java.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
To apply you'd definitely need to understand Java, since Minecraft is done in Java and therefore Minecraft related things are also done in Java.
Yes, I already knew that. And that's why I haven't applied. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci