• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Regeneration Detector.java [Idea]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
Where the fudge in Melbourne do you live? Dat internet. You got NBN?

Sorry for off-topic!
I'm about an hour south of Melbourne. And yes, I am hooked up to the NBN (which uses Optic Fibre), ok?

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I have an idea that could help with the issue about being falsely accused of having regen with this idea. What if it's a point based system. When it's sensed once, they get kicked, and one point is added to their account. If they get sensed again as having regen within 24 hours of being kicked for it, a one week ban is instated, and a second point is added. After their ban is up, and they come back and regen is sensed again, then they kicked again, and another point is added. If it is sensed again after that second kick, a final point is added to the account and a permanent ban is instated.

TL;DR?
  • 1 point = A kick (Point is reset after 24 hours with no more detected regen.)
  • 2 points = A 1 week ban
  • 3 points = A kick (Points are returned to 2 after 24 hours with no detected regen.)
  • 4 points = A permanent ban

I feel that it is unlikely that the same person will be tagged for having regen 4 times by accident. Thoughts?

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
I have an idea that could help with the issue about being falsely accused of having regen with this idea. What if it's a point based system. When it's sensed once, they get kicked, and one point is added to their account. If they get sensed again as having regen within 24 hours of being kicked for it, a one week ban is instated, and a second point is added. After their ban is up, and they come back and regen is sensed again, then they kicked again, and another point is added. If it is sensed again after that second kick, a final point is added to the account and a permanent ban is instated.

TL;DR?
  • 1 point = A kick (Point is reset after 24 hours with no more detected regen.)
  • 2 points = A 1 week ban
  • 3 points = A kick (Points are returned to 2 after 24 hours with no detected regen.)
  • 4 points = A permanent ban

I feel that it is unlikely that the same person will be tagged for having regen 4 times by accident. Thoughts?
I've got an idea. In a game, if a player triggers the regen detector, they have 'a point', so you say, added to their account. If they set the regeneration detector off 5 times in one game, they get a week ban.

Idk. To be honest, I think kicking is just fine. If anything we want players to change their ways rather than banning them completely. Still, it's up to the devs.

The reason I think kicking is better is because its the only way to fully prevent someone using it. While NCP might not be able to disable it, it can be detected. I don't know about you, but I'd rather see a hacker get kicked after I've lit him on fire, rather than have him kill 4 other people and myself before getting banned, just to come back again.

Oh okay, I'm a bit closer to the city :). Yes, it's ok.
If it pleases you, you should be connected to the NBN sometime between 3 to 6 months. The only reason I got it earlier than you was because I live adjacent to a shared ISP server, and I was like a 'beta tester' for the NBN, along with many other nearby residents.

Last edited:

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
This sound really good and it would be amazing if it could get implemented.

DoFlamingo

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't get it
It checks how much hearts you increased and if its too much you get kicked right?
But wouldn't regen hackers have 10 hearts mostly all the time? So their hearts wouldn't increase?
If this catches Regen Hackers I think it would be amazing :3

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't get it
It checks how much hearts you increased and if its too much you get kicked right?
But wouldn't regen hackers have 10 hearts mostly all the time? So their hearts wouldn't increase?
If this catches Regen Hackers I think it would be amazing :3
Yes, this is a minor flaw in the programming. If every five seconds, the hacker were to time his regeneration right, then he would be able to get away with it. But, a lot of the time, regeneration hackers are getting hit so much that they will still lose hearts. Others only use it when putting their health back up to full.

Remember that the second test the script checks the player's hearts is also taken as the first parameter the next time the script is run. Unless someone was the luckiest person alive to time it correctly through a whole game, this wouldn't be much of a problem. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci