• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Regarding Leaderboards

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Yes!, Its been a while since you could /records someone to determine which spawn chest you should go for or check someone's backgrounds when in suspicion of hacking
That's practically impossible to check someones records to determine which chest you should go for, it makes no sense, and as for the hackers, that makes no sense either..

Still, I'd like to see the regional leaderboards back, it makes some friendly competition.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yeah, regional leaderboards would be better because it would give me a chance to get a chance to get a chance to get to the top 100 :3

Spike11

District 13
Reaction score
Yes the regional leader boards where so much more organized
Bring dem back :3

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's practically impossible to check someones records to determine which chest you should go for, it makes no sense, and as for the hackers, that makes no sense either..

Still, I'd like to see the regional leaderboards back, it makes some friendly competition.
In SG4, or perhaps another map you are often in the "split" between 2 spawn chests. They are both the same distance from each other, but the players on the opposite sides of you mat also go for the chests. Doing /records to both players and checking how many wins/points gives a rough idea of a players skill (Although it does not necessarily work 100%) You go to the chest that is closer to the player that has less wins/points. For example if you were in the middle of the 2 players Bob123, and Billy321 (Bob on your left, Billy on the right) and Bob has 12 points and 2 wins while Billy has 421 points and 11 wins, you take Bob's chest instead of Billy's because you will have a greater chance of getting items in a chest when a less experienced player is sharing one with you.

As for /records to do background checks on hackers to check how many wins/points is often useful because a player with 2000 points, 120 wins, and gold donor is less likely to hack than a non-donor with 3 wins... Again, not a 100% method, but its great for a quick /records to do soooo much for you.

Before you deteriorate someone and tell them that their methods make no sense....

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
In SG4, or perhaps another map you are often in the "split" between 2 spawn chests. They are both the same distance from each other, but the players on the opposite sides of you mat also go for the chests. Doing /records to both players and checking how many wins/points gives a rough idea of a players skill (Although it does not necessarily work 100%) You go to the chest that is closer to the player that has less wins/points. For example if you were in the middle of the 2 players Bob123, and Billy321 (Bob on your left, Billy on the right) and Bob has 12 points and 2 wins while Billy has 421 points and 11 wins, you take Bob's chest instead of Billy's because you will have a greater chance of getting items in a chest when a less experienced player is sharing one with you.

As for /records to do background checks on hackers to check how many wins/points is often useful because a player with 2000 points, 120 wins, and gold donor is less likely to hack than a non-donor with 3 wins... Again, not a 100% method, but its great for a quick /records to do soooo much for you.

Before you deteriorate someone and tell them that their methods make no sense....
You just mentioned both methods don't work 100%. So that's pretty much what I'm sticking with.
And the fact that hackers are getting smarter, they like to donate just to make it look like they aren't a hacker by telling people "I donated, I don't hack!"
Im just saying that efficient methods to your tactics..

deadzombiesyum

Survivor
Reaction score
I liked the leaderboards being combined so then I got to have all my wins on the different servers mergded. Now, I would completely be up for individual leaderboards as long as the wins don't get split up again.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I honestly think they should just reset the leader boards. I mean there is no possible way unless you no lyfed it, to get as many wins as the top competitors, and even if you did reach 1200 wins. They would probably of broken the 2000 mark by then.

IVIattando97

Survivor
Reaction score
I wish the devs just kept the old leaderboards there. The old layout was so much easier to work with and had so many more options available. Plus it always helped having the player tracker on the leaderboards, saved me having to hunt down every server to try find some hacker that I need to record. Personally Id prefer just regional leaderboards again like the old ones, even if it meant losing the leaderboard layout thats currently in. Hell id even still want it if the devs said it could only be done by using the stats from the mcsg v1, although I doubt many would still support it if that was the case :/
Final opinion: BRING BACK THE OLD LEADERBOARDS LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD KEEP!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci