• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Regarding 1.8 Maps?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I happened to finish a huge project today that is 75% 1.8 blocks in the buildings, my new map Aquamarine. Because of this new update... My map has become basically pointless and I wish that as map makers, we had been given warning about this update.

It is very frustrating to see something you have worked so hard on become worth nothing.
I know this may be a huge pain, especially considering that you used a large sum of new blocks but you could always go back through and replace them with pre-existing blocks. That may sound a bit insensitive, I understand but it may be better than having them all turn to stone :c

Heck, you may even be able to take care of a majority of it through world-edit replacing if it fits.

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know this may be a huge pain, especially considering that you used a large sum of new blocks but you could always go back through and replace them with pre-existing blocks. That may sound a bit insensitive, I understand but it may be better than having them all turn to stone :c

Heck, you may even be able to take care of a majority of it through world-edit replacing if it fits.
Seaworld map... Prismarine blocks... Yea... no can do

The point of the map was to highlight 1.8 blocks anyways... so I used every single one that I could on purpose...

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Seaworld map... Prismarine blocks... Yea... no can do
Oof. I'm so sorry ;-;

There are always losing parties in updates like this, I wish there was at the least something that could be done.

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
I happened to finish a huge project today that is 75% 1.8 blocks in the buildings, my new map Aquamarine. Because of this new update... My map has become basically pointless and I wish that as map makers, we had been given warning about this update.

It is very frustrating to see something you have worked so hard on become worth nothing.
I am more confused as to why we were reverted to an old version, why would we live in the past? Pvp differences? Big deal, Mojang will never revert back to an older version. Personally I enjoy 1.8 and the things it intoduces. ( My opinion )

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I am more confused as to why we were reverted to an old version, why would we live in the past? Pvp differences? Big deal, Mojang will never revert back to an older version. Personally I enjoy 1.8 and the things it intoduces. ( My opinion )
That's what I thought…

Plus revert and you get maps like Lemonz87' which would add variety to the servers and playing a factor in adding more people to the server because most new players don't care for the 'PvP Differences'.

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
That's what I thought…

Plus revert and you get maps like Lemonz87' which would add variety to the servers and playing a factor in adding more people to the server because most new players don't care for the 'PvP Differences'.
People are also not open to change, which is usually just something people have to live with. I guess if the revert helps increase the player count, go for it, but people will not have the same experience as 1.8

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
AlpakaWhacker Do you have a comment on what map makers are supposed to do regarding 1.8 maps? Or are you going to leave us in the dark still...
The majority of 1.8 Blocks will now need to be removed unfortunately however blocks such as Andesite and Diorite can be left in maps as those blocks will appear as just stone in 1.7.x whereas other blocks such as armour stands, slime blocks and sea lanterns will just vanish in 1.7.x

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci