• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Regarding 1.8 Maps?

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
I know straight up, that most 1.8 blocks won't work in maps now that the servers have been reverted. There is currently a lot of maps on the network that have 1.8 blocks in them, and they are causing issues. Is this up to the map maker to fix, or is this a developer issue?

As for new maps, or maps that have been submitted, is there some blocks that we can use? Or can we ONLY use 1.7 blocks. I don't want to rant too much about the update, but it would have been nice if we were told a little earlier about the downgrade so we could find out about this stuff.

AlpakaWhacker

Last edited:

Tyler

Platinum
Reaction score
Pretty sure the blocks will change depending on what would make more since. They're shouldn't be a problem with playing 1.8 maps in 1.7 and building a map with 1.8 blocks tbh. The reason I say this is because I played on a server that was 1.8 and 1.7 and when I played on 1.8 the blocks were 1.8, then when I went on 1.7 I noticed it changed them for me to stone/dirt depending which would make since. Idrk though.

Blank

Career
Reaction score
granite etc. blocks win all turn into stone

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Didorite, Andesite, and Granite will all turn into stone, coarse dirt into dirt, ect. The only problem is barrier blocks, which disappear, I believe.

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I happened to finish a huge project today that is 75% 1.8 blocks in the buildings, my new map Aquamarine. Because of this new update... My map has become basically pointless and I wish that as map makers, we had been given warning about this update.

It is very frustrating to see something you have worked so hard on become worth nothing.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I happened to finish a huge project today that is 75% 1.8 blocks in the buildings, my new map Aquamarine. Because of this new update... My map has become basically pointless and I wish that as map makers, we had been given warning about this update.

It is very frustrating to see something you have worked so hard on become worth nothing.
You could call it....Stonemarine

Swifftyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

"Aquamarie" totally not based off the new ak skin

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score

My head is on that map! Thanks for the Map tour Haley c:

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score

Same for skyline, 1.8 blocks everywhere!

BlazeMax

Tribute
Reaction score
Another problem is that the new doors in 1.8 are broken as well. This includes all the different wood types and iron trap doors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci