• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Red Forest 3: Fallen Haven

Fallen Haven

• Ermagerd

Votes: 85 40.7%
  • nubs

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • erma-faints-

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • I am secretly a lizard

Votes: 80 38.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Avaracia uses mostly green as a complementary color to their city along with glowstone...Also, they used tons of stone slabs....
Our main blocks along with the quartz was cyan wool and beacons... The execution of the theme was beyond different (in my opinion)
Yes, I know some colours are different, however the recurring use of quartz and the futuristic theme give the maps a similar style, I'm not saying it's a bad thing (In my opinion)

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, I know some colours are different, however the recurring use of quartz and the futuristic theme give the maps a similar style, I'm not saying it's a bad thing (In my opinion)
If you're going off that, then that would make Teweran Survival Games and Avaracia very similar...
But it's your opinion nonetheless :3

Reaction score
If you're going off that, then that would make Teweran Survival Games and Avaracia very similar...
But it's your opinion nonetheless :3
You mean teweran survival games 3? (Lol got confused there, tsg 1? Wth?) yea I would say that they were similar maps, they both have the futuristic cities surrounded by greenery, however tsg3 has quite varied greenery and avaricia doesn't have as much variety in the greenery outside the map. Also the colours are quite similar, with the green and white sort of thing, however Teweran are AMAZING, so I think that their builds are nicer than the avaricia builds

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
No offense, but it looks like TSG3v2
At this point so that the thread responses don't become somewhat repetitive, I guess all I can do is refer you back in the thread if you want to see our reasoning from our side of it since we've discussed this on the thread already :3

You mean teweran survival games 3? (Lol got confused there, tsg 1? Wth?) yea I would say that they were similar maps, they both have the futuristic cities surrounded by greenery, however tsg3 has quite varied greenery and avaricia doesn't have as much variety in the greenery outside the map. Also the colours are quite similar, with the green and white sort of thing, however Teweran are AMAZING, so I think that their builds are nicer than the avaricia builds
Yeah, I meant tsg3 :3 That was my bad lol. But yeah, now you see the point I'm making I think :D I was just saying that with the thing that you said where both have quartz and a futuristic theme, they both fit in that criteria :3 Now, although they both fit the criteria, they are so extremely different within boundaries. I was trying to show before that ours is somewhat similar in that way (being different within a boundary) :3

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The reason that we didn't put too many builds there is because we didn't want it to have the same issue as sg2- People getting lost in the immense towers, etc.
It's true that the 4 main towers around corn are the same from the exterior but each one is themed differently on the inside (one is mainly residential, another is mainly a library, etc).
There isn't really a way to terraform a quartz city between buildings.....lol.
The map is somewhat small in the radius (250) but it's 250 tall in the vertical height as well making it the largest map made yet in terms of vertical height :3
From a farther view, it does appear to lack variation. We kept it as such because we wanted it to have a pristine, up-keep feel to it. The closer you get to the builds, the more intricate they get. We used a huge combination of the slabs, chiseled quartz, pillars, beacons, and wool to create designs in pretty much everything. If you would like, I can provide a screenshot showing what I mean :3
I've never played a game on SG2 where players got lost in the towers. The interiors on that map were, in my opinion, repetitive and very straight forward. Unless the interiors on this map are intricate and a maze, in a sense, then I don't see players getting lost. If the interiors are a maze then it wouldn't matter the number of builds, because players would get lost anyway.

When playing this map, the first thing players will see is the exterior of the builds, and how impressive the exterior is. When they see the exact same builds over and over, I doubt they'd be impressed. Sure, differing interiors are nice, but interiors are nothing jaw-dropping.

If you can't find a way to terraform the city, at least add something to the ground, because the ground is rather bland. Just some trees will make the ground look better. Additionally, add some block variation between the builds and ground; continuous quartz on both the ground and the builds gets old.

Well it doesn't matter how high the map is when only a small portion of the map goes up that high...

Sure, post some screenshots on what you mean :3

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I've never played a game on SG2 where players got lost in the towers. The interiors on that map were, in my opinion, repetitive and very straight forward. Unless the interiors on this map are intricate and a maze, in a sense, then I don't see players getting lost. If the interiors are a maze then it wouldn't matter the number of builds, because players would get lost anyway.

When playing this map, the first thing players will see is the exterior of the builds, and how impressive the exterior is. When they see the exact same builds over and over, I doubt they'd be impressed. Sure, differing interiors are nice, but interiors are nothing jaw-dropping.

If you can't find a way to terraform the city, at least add something to the ground, because the ground is rather bland. Just some trees will make the ground look better. Additionally, add some block variation between the builds and ground; continuous quartz on both the ground and the builds gets old.

Well it doesn't matter how high the map is when only a small portion of the map goes up that high...

Sure, post some screenshots on what you mean :3
You've never played a game on sg2 where the game lasts forever because players are way up in random towers? o_O Lucky :p

I definitely see the points you're making :3 We did try to fill up quite a bit of the ground but, as you pointed out, I doubt we filled it up enough. I can work on it if I get a chance :3

As for the copied things, we did want the whole city to have a symmetrical layout so that explains why we did it. We didn't copy many things so it shouldn't be too large of a problem.

Since I'm not home right now, I'll get the pictures later tonight when I get the chance :3

Reaction score
At this point so that the thread responses don't become somewhat repetitive, I guess all I can do is refer you back in the thread if you want to see our reasoning from our side of it since we've discussed this on the thread already :3

Yeah, I meant tsg3 :3 That was my bad lol. But yeah, now you see the point I'm making I think :D I was just saying that with the thing that you said where both have quartz and a futuristic theme, they both fit in that criteria :3 Now, although they both fit the criteria, they are so extremely different within boundaries. I was trying to show before that ours is somewhat similar in that way (being different within a boundary) :3
Yeah I guess you are right, and if no maps had similar themes and blocks, creating new maps would be really difficult :D and I haven't really seen the rest of the maps so the pvp is probably much different :D

Jepp

Career
Reaction score
The gameplay and looks were very good even though I was 12th to die XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci