• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(READ) Current Issues & Community/Staff Tension

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
Human ignorance.

That's the source of most of our problems here.

I, like Ceroria usually spend lots of time on the forums, and I can tell you that I've seen plenty of complaint threads, and threads that are the polar opposite of what this thread was.

The fact of the matter is, there is truth in this thread.

The mods are there to help, did you know that you have to pass a moderator application? Did you know that most people can't even control themselves when spamming in the lobbies? And for some reason, people look down to moderation of this, as a sign of laziness, but who are you to say that they aren't doing what they should? Why don't you start trying to make the place better, I know that informing helps the staff, and making opinions about the server helps them understand what the community is going through, but helping the server isn't limited to the staff team.

What about us, the players? What more can we do to help out this server that we enjoy? By spending time trying to find out the cracks of the system. Maybe then we can appreciate the work that is done, because most players completely ignore the fact that, oh, a disguise feature was added! Or, lb's were reset and that was voted by a majority!

You have to remember that this is a video game, no one can please everyone but more people trying to please would increase the amount of people who will be pleased.
Ok for one thing, a lot of innactive as hell people that are brand new, get mod when they have zero name in this community, and no one knows them. Nowadays, most known people aren't going for mod, but the point still stands.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
zero name in this community
At this point, does name even matter? No, because as I've said before, anyone can help out this server, not just moderators, but people who no one know who they are.

Plus, how do you know they are inactive? What evidence to you have to this?

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
At this point, does name even matter? No, because as I've said before, anyone can help out this server, not just moderators, but people who no one know who they are.

Plus, how do you know they are inactive? What evidence to you have to this?
They have 10 posts in the past year, they are practically never on the teamspeak,and most of them love to just chill in the hub. Name does matter, look at some of our best mods.

Lovelights, Linkdude, Justahotdog, Hyperkiller, Exer, zeno, DQ, G33ke. They all had a good name in the community, and didn't constantly try to correct everyone and go around all day saying "STOP FLAME, REPORTING THREAD, BE NICE"

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Human ignorance.

That's the source of most of our problems here.

I, like Ceroria usually spend lots of time on the forums, and I can tell you that I've seen plenty of complaint threads, and threads that are the polar opposite of what this thread was.

The fact of the matter is, there is truth in this thread.

The mods are there to help, did you know that you have to pass a moderator application? Did you know that most people can't even control themselves when spamming in the lobbies? And for some reason, people look down to moderation of this, as a sign of laziness, but who are you to say that they aren't doing what they should? Why don't you start trying to make the place better, I know that informing helps the staff, and making opinions about the server helps them understand what the community is going through, but helping the server isn't limited to the staff team.

What about us, the players? What more can we do to help out this server that we enjoy? By spending time trying to find out the cracks of the system. Maybe then we can appreciate the work that is done, because most players completely ignore the fact that, oh, a disguise feature was added! Or, lb's were reset and that was voted by a majority!

You have to remember that this is a video game, no one can please everyone but more people trying to please would increase the amount of people who will be pleased.
It's true, when players find a bug they exploit it instead of reporting it. We aren't helping at all cx
They have 10 posts in the past year, they are practically never on the teamspeak,and most of them love to just chill in the hub. Name does matter, look at some of our best mods.

Lovelights, Linkdude, Justahotdog, Hyperkiller, Exer, zeno, DQ, G33ke. They all had a good name in the community, and didn't constantly try to correct everyone and go around all day saying "STOP FLAME, REPORTING THREAD, BE NICE"
True, don't forget Gravey4rd cx

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score

And then how does focusing on something that you say is so insignificant to the server help us?

There are moderators out there that still do things like all those people you just listed, they have a good name, so why don't we just band with them to help the server.

Even if this is a problem, it's a very tiny problem that is outweighed by the amount of quality some moderators put it.

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
And then how does focusing on something that you say is so insignificant to the server help us?

There are moderators out there that still do things like all those people you just listed, they have a good name, so why don't we just band with them to help the server.

Even if this is a problem, it's a very tiny problem that is outweighed by the amount of quality some moderators put it.
Ok we have very few quality mods at this point. Mooclan, Ceroria, and miner are the first ones that pop into my head.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Ok we have very few quality mods at this point. Mooclan, Ceroria, and miner are the first ones that pop into my head.
And we have some quality players as well that are trying to help the server and are not moderators and they want their name to be imprinted in the help they gave.

Why can't all of us be like them? Even if we aren't mods.

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
What's so wrong about stopping potential flame, reporting pointless, manipulative posts and advising people to be nice? I thought that is a part of moderating?

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
What's so wrong about stopping potential flame, reporting pointless, manipulative posts and advising people to be nice? I thought that is a part of moderating?
Stopping potential flame is literally just silencing an argument. Advising people to be nice is rather unnecessary, since unless they are literally an idiot, they know they could be nice but choose not to be.
And we have some quality players as well that are trying to help the server and are not moderators and they want their name to be imprinted in the help they gave.

Why can't all of us be like them? Even if we aren't mods.
Yeah, we have super tryhard mods who have their name at the end of their post, who act as if they are moderators but aren't, and just take things to a whole other level. Desperate doesn't begin to describe their state.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, we have super tryhard mods who have their name at the end of their post, who act as if they are moderators but aren't, and just take things to a whole other level. Desperate doesn't begin to describe their state.
Tryhard mods? If we're going to try to make everything work, the more the better…

Also, a little while ago you said that the inactive ones are the problem, at least these people are trying to help out the server in what way they can.

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
Tryhard mods? If we're going to try to make everything work, the more the better…

Also, a little while ago you said that the inactive ones are the problem, at least these people are trying to help out the server in what way they can.
Yeah ok. Would you want some random dude on the street telling you about every single law about driving? (I made this comparison yesterday, but whatever)

Yeah we have innactives, but the super tryhard mods wouldn't make great mods either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci